When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus 8-day Movement

dadog13

I admit that this is the easy way...I could do a research, but it would take time that right now I don't have...

so if anyone want's to help a fellow member to tell me some info about it...i would be more than grateful...

is the mvt used in angelus pocket watches(some of them) the same one used in the panerai?...it should be the SF240 cal. right?...

did they make some additional changes-modifications on that movemet?...or did the just put it inside the panerai?

what would be the right price to pay for such movement (if found) for a project watch?...what else there should be done in case the movement without mods want fit a project watch?

thanks for all the advices and comments..

regards

Dadog13

You may need to change/modify from back winder to stem crown winder. Perhaps you have to remove the alarm module too... It's really difficult to source off the shelf Angelus SF240 that can be fitted directly to a PAM. Be prepared to spend 1k or more for this project. Good luck!

what would be the right price to pay for such movement (if found) for a project watch?...what else there should be done in case the movement without mods want fit a project watch?

You're looking at around $2000 for the movement and you'll need to heavily modify the donor case. Your best bet is to head over to RWI and read Enzo's posts.

All in all, it's a lot of work and money.

Guest RiverwindMDS
I admit that this is the easy way...I could do a research, but it would take time that right now I don't have...

so if anyone want's to help a fellow member to tell me some info about it...i would be more than grateful...

is the mvt used in angelus pocket watches(some of them) the same one used in the panerai?...it should be the SF240 cal. right?...

did they make some additional changes-modifications on that movemet?...or did the just put it inside the panerai?

thanks for all the advices and comments..

regards

Dadog13

I'm doing the same project,

finding the movements is difficolt but not impossible, the other things are much worse...

my mail is riverwindmds@gmail.com

You can ask me there informations, but in this moment I have a lot of problems doing that too. And I'm not an expert.

But you have to expect a long time to do this project and a lot of research so if you don't have time just leave it, if you have enough time and will we can share informations and try to do something to that.

Like I already told you if you send me a mail maby I can help you...

tnx...will do so...just have to see before the mvt that i want to get...

damn, i should be working now...not looking and chatting on the forum! :rolleyes:

just started looking on RWI...enzo has provided a lot of good info over there...

Edited by dadog13

tnx...will do so...just have to see before the mvt that i want to get...

damn, i should be working now...not looking and chatting on the forum! :rolleyes:

just started looking on RWI...enzo has provided a lot of good info over there...

Another option would be to try to make a contemprary 8-day pam...can't remember the #, but you which one I'm talkng about--the one in the fiddy case, which I (briefly) considerd doing the first time I saw an Angelus powered travel alarm.

Although you can find the travel alarm versions of that movement in major metro area flea markets (I've seen about 5 in the DC area) for $150 or so, according to my watchsmith, it'll cost you well over a $1500 in parts (vintage and custom made) and labor to make the movement function and look like the one used in the 8 day "fiddy." Pug's $2000 figure might even be a little low for a movement that has already been modified and serviced...if you can even find one. Then you'd have to have the 8-day thing @ 3:00 laser engraved onto the the fiddy dial, and have a back custom CNCed and engraved.

Since the gens are, what, 20k the 3k this project would cost might be worth it if you are PAM obsessed and have pockts a little deeper than mine....

Another option would be to try to make a contemprary 8-day pam...can't remember the #, but you which one I'm talkng about--the one in the fiddy case, which I (briefly) considerd doing the first time I saw an Angelus powered travel alarm.

Although you can find the travel alarm versions of that movement in major metro area flea markets (I've seen about 5 in the DC area) for $150 or so, according to my watchsmith, it'll cost you well over a $1500 in parts (vintage and custom made) and labor to make the movement function and look like the one used in the 8 day "fiddy." Pug's $2000 figure might even be a little low for a movement that has already been modified and serviced...if you can even find one. Then you'd have to have the 8-day thing @ 3:00 laser engraved onto the the fiddy dial, and have a back custom CNCed and engraved.

Since the gens are, what, 20k the 3k this project would cost might be worth it if you are PAM obsessed and have pockts a little deeper than mine....

You made a clear picture of the reasons that make me stick with the regular Cortebért cal. 616 and run away from the Angelus...

You made a clear picture of the reasons that make me stick with the regular Cortebért cal. 616 and run away from the Angelus...

I think I'd do a 616 project before even considering a c240 one. That way, if it fails, you're not a few grand down, and if it doesn't, you've learned some new skills that'll put you in good stead for an Angelus job.

if you haven´t angelus240 movement

if you are not be able to build a customs dial and hands

if you haven´t a idea

if you haven´t a good watchmaker

if you beginn from 0

let it B)

It will cost you a LOT OF TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and some thousands $$$$$$$

for this money you can buy a genuine PAM 111 :p

Guest RiverwindMDS
if you haven´t angelus240 movement

if you are not be able to build a customs dial and hands

if you haven´t a idea

if you haven´t a good watchmaker

if you beginn from 0

let it B)

It will cost you a LOT OF TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and some thousands $$$$$$$

for this money you can buy a genuine PAM 111 :p

I know that, but is much more fun to do this thing...

I know that, but is much more fun to do this thing...

you has the most important thing... a angelus240 movement for cheap price. Also 2 movements

but if you haven´t a movement like dadog... it is better to let it.

Hey I wouldn't even want to make it as a PAM rep, I'd be happy with an 8-day movement in a PAM127 case without any CNC or PAM type decoration on the back. Is it easier to do something like that? Perhaps even a closed back, but I like the display backs, I love to see her sexxy ass :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest RiverwindMDS
Hey I wouldn't even want to make it as a PAM rep, I'd be happy with an 8-day movement in a PAM127 case without any CNC or PAM type decoration on the back. Is it easier to do something like that? Perhaps even a closed back, but I like the display backs, I love to see her sexxy ass :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is not simple.

If you want seconds at nine is a problem because the hand is in a different position. If you want a simple watch without running seconds it is much simpler.

Then you have to have a movement, and trust me, it is not simple to get one...

Then you have to service the movement, make the dial fit the movement, make the hands fit the movement and adaft the case to the movement.

Man, it is a real hard work...

What kind of (rep) wristwatch case would fit it naturally, or with as little modification as possible? Where are the running seconds usually? If it's at 6, that's fine by me... closed back, display back, either one is fine by me... I guess I just like the idea of having a watch that I only have to wind once a week as well :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If the running seconds is too much of a problem, could make a "base"-type watch instead, although seconds is prefereable... even a centre seconds :)

Guest RiverwindMDS

None rep case will fit without modifications, It have to be a 47mm pam. In all of them you have to make a custom made ring to put inside the movement, and you have to find someone to do that.

The seconds can be at 9 position, but it is a different position than the 9 position of the molnja and eta movements.

Base type watch is simpler.

guys, just another question...

I have a chance to buy the Angelus SF 240 movement...what would be the right price for it?

important is which type of movement it is and in which condition

key winder isn´t good. You can´t use it

stem winder is nice with alarm

stem winder without alarm is the ultimative movement.

prices from $750 - $2.500

important is the condition. Angelus240 movements are very old and very bad movements... mostly don´t running correct. You can clean it, oil it etc... but it will not run 100% correct. So make sure that this movement will running perfect... but this is nearly impossible to get.

important is which type of movement it is and in which condition

key winder isn´t good. You can´t use it

stem winder is nice with alarm

stem winder without alarm is the ultimative movement.

prices from $750 - $2.500

important is the condition. Angelus240 movements are very old and very bad movements... mostly don´t running correct. You can clean it, oil it etc... but it will not run 100% correct. So make sure that this movement will running perfect... but this is nearly impossible to get.

@tourby...tnx for the answer...what I was interested is the price range...of course that all the other things that you mentioned influence on the price...but untill now...i wasn't sure about the price range...

Guest RiverwindMDS
@tourby...tnx for the answer...what I was interested is the price range...of course that all the other things that you mentioned influence on the price...but untill now...i wasn't sure about the price range...

It depends on the movement...

If it is keywind with alarm, It is more or less useless so low price

If it is keywind without alarm it is a good movement but I don't know why people are willing to pay much for that movement.

Stemwind with alarm is a good movement and the minimum price if you are teally lucky is 600$

Stemwind without alarm, man you are one of the luckyest mans in the world, I'll buy it at any price.

Let me know what movement did you find.

It depends on the movement...

If it is keywind with alarm, It is more or less useless so low price

If it is keywind without alarm it is a good movement but I don't know why people are willing to pay much for that movement.

Stemwind with alarm is a good movement and the minimum price if you are teally lucky is 600$

Stemwind without alarm, man you are one of the luckyest mans in the world, I'll buy it at any price.

Let me know what movement did you find.

it is also important where you can buy this movement. On ebay you must pay much more as $600. But if you find it outside internet, and from a person who don´t knows about Panerai... you can get it may for $600. But if you will get it from a Panerai collector with knowledge... damn you must pay many more.

regards

tourby