When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought This Rolex Off Ebay. Your Opinions Please?

Noroo

Hi everyone,

thank you all for the help with the fake Lange and Sohne watch on ebay. I was able to convince ebay to take away my bid. Don't know what I was thinking, but I guess sometimes I just got carried away. I just purchased this watch on ebay however:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMONDS-ROLEX-TUDOR-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number: 110084533098

I was wondering if I could get your expert opinions once more on the authenticity of this Rolex. Did I just make another colossal mistake? Also what do you guys think about the value of this watch?

Thanks so much,

Jared

Jared I honestly don't know a lot about Tudors but the little that I do know makes me question if this is indeed another fake.

To my knowledge Tudor was made by Rolex but was never called a Rolex the dial of this watch should only have the Tudor name and crest, nothing about Rolex.

Ken

It is what it is.

A modded Tudor date with diamond markers on a refin dial.

For the price I would hope that the diamonds are of a vs quality.

The price is a little steep,you would have a tough time modding it for that price. In my opinion, if you like it and the diamonds check out as gen, wear it well.

You will get alot of enjoyment out of it.

Now stick around and read all about modding.

It is not an obsession, it's a passion.

R.P.

it is a Frankenwatch - or call it project watch

of course genuine parts incl.

movement is genuine tudor caliber (based eta 2824-2)

dial is from datejust, but replica... genuine datejust dial will not fit eta 2824-2

case looks confuse???... i never saw this type of case in bicolor?

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I was able to convince the seller to retract my bid on this "rolex" without leaving a negative feedback. The reason I made this silly purchase without checking it out is that I usually only check the auctions that are close to ending. I haven't been planning my purchases ahead of time. However I just bought this genuine ulysse nardin watch after doing a ton of research on it. I think I got it for a pretty good price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Item number: 170076898050

This is probably it for me and watches for a while. However I will be selling this panerai 177H rep I got from perfect-time pretty soon for cheap, as I have no need for it anymore. I'll make a post on it later on

Jared