When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam127 Lunnette And Case Back

Cats

Yesterday I got my new 127 delivered at home. Full of adrenaline I opened the package ( thought I would get it in a wooden display box instead of a plastic bag , but that might be a new subject of discussion) I saw that the lunette and crown weren't positioned flat in the case.

The lunette is pressed in I assume but the case back in screwed in.

A friend of mine is a very good watchmaker so he might help me out but he doesn't have a lot experience with PAM.

I think the lunette can be pressed in further but I'm afraid that the threat in the case back is damaged. We are talking about 0,3 mm max. ( as shown in the picture of the case back). Yesterday a member told me that it should be in straight but the cause of the problem could be the O ring. Just simply unscrew it and screw it back in again could be the solution.

What should I do let I get fixed by my friend or return it to the seller ??.

Thanks,

Cats

This is easy to check. Remove the back, remove the o-ring, gently screw the back on again and see if it now seats properly. If it does, it is just the stiff compression of the o-ring is preventing the complete seating of the back and maybe you can seat it with another small turn. Depends on how good your back removal tool is.

Usil

i don´t see a problem?

remove the caseback and screw it again... but not hard (caseback could screw wrong)

if it´s not work, your watch is demaged. Send it back to the seller. The caseback MUST full screw, or the watch is not waterresistant (not for swimming... all reps are not for swimming... i mean for hand washing)

but i think it is a easy fix... somebody has screw it wrong... that´s normal...

This is easy to check. Remove the back, remove the o-ring, gently screw the back on again and see if it now seats properly. If it does, it is just the stiff compression of the o-ring is preventing the complete seating of the back and maybe you can seat it with another small turn. Depends on how good your back removal tool is.

I removed the back from my Il Fidderino to regulate the time and the O-Ring was put in wrongly and a bit beaten out of shape. I lubed it, rolled out the wobbles and put it in the groove in the case and screwed the caseback on and it seems to be good now. I reckon you may have the same sort of thing.

I removed the back from my Il Fidderino to regulate the time and the O-Ring was put in wrongly and a bit beaten out of shape. I lubed it, rolled out the wobbles and put it in the groove in the case and screwed the caseback on and it seems to be good now. I reckon you may have the same sort of thing.

LOL - Il Fidderino ?!?! Your Fiddy must be turning into a Latino ? :D

cheers mate,

babola

LOL - Il Fidderino ?!?! Your Fiddy must be turning into a Latino ? :D

cheers mate,

babola

Thanks for the response.

Tomorrow i will go to a friend of mine who can open the case and see if we can fix the problem.

Cheers,

Cats

the crystal should stick out slightly. yours looks correct.

Thanks for helping me out on this issue.

I just visited a guy who is a real genious in watch repairing and making.

The O-ring wasn't placed dorrectly in the case but after putting it in the right wat the problem was fixed.

The lunette will be put in straight after i ordered the hand and the right crown.

It was sold to me as a watch with Saphire Cristal with AR . Thee guy did the photography must have had bluee curtains in the backround but there is curtainly no AR neighter on the front or the back.

After having a few drinks a left to go home, leaving his house i dropped my PAM036 witch stopped thicking at once.

The axe or pin of the unbalance most likely is broken so he will be off for a short vacation.

It's a china copy of the 6497 so if some one can help me out feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Cats

Thanks for helping me out on this issue.

I just visited a guy who is a real genious in watch repairing and making.

The O-ring wasn't placed dorrectly in the case but after putting it in the right wat the problem was fixed.

The lunette will be put in straight after i ordered the hand and the right crown.

It was sold to me as a watch with Saphire Cristal with AR . Thee guy did the photography must have had bluee curtains in the backround but there is curtainly no AR neighter on the front or the back.

After having a few drinks a left to go home, leaving his house i dropped my PAM036 witch stopped thicking at once.

The axe or pin of the unbalance most likely is broken so he will be off for a short vacation.

It's a china copy of the 6497 so if some one can help me out feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Cats

contact me... i have many spare parts for movements