When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does Anyone Else Find This Funny?

section8

I was reading an article in InSync Magazine about the new IWC Top Gun limited watch where they had this massive unveiling at a Naval museum and the journalists all got to land on an aircraft carrier...one picture even has the president of IWC standing next to a Navy Lt. Anyway I then notice the price of admittance for one of these new watches commemorating the US Navy's Elite Flight School : $10,500US

Now, I realize this is an IWC, and a limited run watch - but it seems a bit of a kick in the face to the Navy to me to release this watch that costs this much. I mean that Lt in the picture if he's single makes about $48K US per year before taxes - no way he's ever going to get his hands on this watch.

Seems to me the only people that'll end up owning this watch are rich wannabes who like to dream about being Maverick and Goose chasing MiGs over south pacific ocean.

On a side note, the watch is pretty slick

196968-2795.jpg

Seems to me the only people that'll end up owning this watch are rich wannabes who like to dream about being Maverick and Goose chasing MiGs over south pacific ocean.

On a side note, the watch is pretty slick

Yeah, but surely some of the cash goes to Navy benefits or something.

ps. Yes, sweet watch.