When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most Overrated Reps Of All Time?

chad

Hands down, the most overrated reps are the H series PAM manual winds--even some of the most anal retentive of my fellow anal retentives are so star struck (by sandwhich dials is my guess) that they seem to overlook the instant-tell CG, the thickness difference, etc.

Screw the accuracy i love my sandwhich dial - its so cool to look at, i dont' care the edges aren't rounded - :) only real anal rentatives will know that the CG is thicker on the H series :) its a great rep - :) at least mine is.

i must agree with the Fiddy stuff- there was all that talk that it would be too expensive to EVER make a saphire fiddy crystal.

Its so hard to tell about watches just from photos - and there are only a handful where putting on the Gen is worthwhile to test.

i gotta say that my PO 45mm black - was a watch i didn't even order (ordered orange) and its popped up to one of my favorite. I have the orange bezel on at the moment. i might get another to have the black as well :) I like it that much. !!!!! - I didn't even like it that much when i first put it on - it greew on me in a major way.

i used to LOVE chronos - but now the simple sweep of a 28000 big seconds is just beutiful ;) that chrono crap gets in teh way of my big seconds sweep :)

i'm looking forward to a new breitling rep too.

we build ourselves up with all the hype - (except for angus) :) we bring it all on ourselves.

Just curious what everyone thought....

My vote is for any thing that davidsen makes...

The dial fonts are terrible!!!! and the font on the panerai watches is such a key thing in a simple classic dial.

I admire his desire to make a better watch but come on...

Board members have even scanned dials for him and tried to give him font suggestions to no avail.

Others?

I really like my Davidsen 026:

199794-1901.jpg

And my 195 ain't too shabby either:

199794-1902.jpg

What I don't like about them are the cases... Just can't seem to get thick straps on them :wounded1: