When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Services

Guest TTK

After quite a long illness......I'm back to some form of fitness....and starting now to review all aspects of how I do business from here on in......so I'd like to present TTK's view of practices for 2007.....and some of the changes that I would like to implement and some that I am forced to.....!

I've been getting a lot of requests for items that have been inspected / serviced / modded .........so in light of that I'll be offering a bespoke service which consists of the following

1. REGULATION

I've just invested in a new electronic regulator......which I will be offering the services of.......all of the higher end watches that I offer will be provided with a readout of the watches 'regularity'......in the usual 5 positions etc etc.......and with an effort to get them as close as possible to C.O.S.C standards.......I won't be offering it on lower end product ...unless specifically asked.....which will be chargeable....as an addendum.....I'm waiting on the printer for this system ( uses a proprietary infra red printer )........so the full service won't be online until I receive the printer.....until then....photographs will have to suffice.

2. WATER RESISTANCE CHECK.

The other thing I get asked for is 'water-resistance' testing.....to that end ..I've also acquired a pressure tester.....and will be offering a documented proof of resistance.....which will come in the form of a printed card with resistance clearly defined......the watches 'O' rings will also be checked and re-greased..... PLEASE NOTE....I WILL NOT BE FITTING NEW 'ADDITIONAL' SEALS.....THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNECCESSARY....IF THE PREREQUISITE NUMBER OF SEALS IS OK FOR ROLEX....WHY WOULD ANY 'ADDITIONAL' SEALS BE REQUIRED.....STUFF'N'NONSENSE..!

3. VISUAL INTERNAL INSPECTION

Where necessary...if a movement from the factory is 'dry'.....I'll be carrying out a 'lube' service....with full inspection.....BUT ONLY ON 'PREMIER' ITEMS!

I DO NOT CARRY OUT CASE / DIAL / BEZEL MODIFICATIONS.......PLEASE DO NOT ASK.......THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE ON THE BOARD WHO CAN PROVIDE THAT SERVICE...!

All of the above involves additional labour....which has to be paid for......this will be reflected either in the price.....or as an additional priced service.....!

Whilst I was ill....I took some time to look at how I shipped items last year.......I wondered why other dealers were able to ship their items so fast.....I was using standard Registered Air Mail which averaged 10-15 days......with no tracking.......whilst other dealers were getting rave reviews for their 'quick' service......I took a look at how they shipped.....in every instance they were shipping by EMS / FEDEX / DHL etc.......I've been using EMS since I came back this year with a turnaround of 5 days......so that will be the standard shipping service from now on.....with FEDEX etc etc......offered as an alternative at the customer's behest.

There is no such thing as a free lunch......so no more 'free' shipping......I can't walk into the Post Office and ask them to ship it for free.....they want money.....so you'll need to stump up....but details will be stated in ALL posts.....!

As to the recent controversy regarding 'advertising' and little white lies.......I've always strived to provide all the necessary information.......from sizes to weight.....to providing the best photographs I can of the subject......I'll continue with that......and where there are any grey areas....I'll try to present whatever knowledge I have of the matter.......e:g......'sapphire' is sapphire......ETA is ETA.....and so forth...what I CANNOT do is open EVERY watch and inspect....ES[ECIALLY THE LOWER END ITEMS......WHERE IT SAYS 'ASIAN'....IT MEANS IT'S AN 'ASIAN' MOVEMENT.......NOT 'ASIAN' ETA........!

In future.....I WILL NOT supply anyone who does NOT have access to a watch repairer.....( I'm fed up with members who 'bleat' that the watch is losing 30 secs a day and can they send it back to be regulated .....the answer is NO......go find a 'smith or learn how to do it yourself....I'm a supplier.....not a service agent.....and if you don't have someone who can do it in your home town.......GO COLLECT STAMPS....sending a watch 18000 miles around the world and thru 3 or 4 sets of Customs is a NO BRAINER.....).......these are mechanical items......not quartz watches.......they REQUIRE constant attention.....servicing and handling with care.....if you're not prepared to take that into consideration.....GO BUY AT WAL-MART OR JOSTY AND THRUSHY......just don't pester me....!

PAYPAL....!

I have not been......and will not be taking....any more PAYPAL........where you see the services I offer......in my signature......those are the payment services I accept.......I DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL......SO STOP BLOODY ASKING IN YOUR E-MAILS.......IF I TOOK IT....IT WOULD SAY SO.....!

The other pay services that I offer seem to be working very well for those clients who have ordered this year.....so they will be my primary payment methods.....I am willing to and also looking at alternatives on a constant basis......I've already dismissed some of the ones that are of no use.....such as Ikobo....etc etc.....!

On a penultimate note.......I've been getting asked for these......this was an order for a UK customer who was on holiday here in Pattaya.......my Bangkok supplier has them available in Black / White / Blue and Grey dials.......unfortunately I had no time to set up this for a studio shot......it had been on order for a long time.....and my client was leaving Bangkok and wanted to come with me to pick the watch up......so we went up to BK....I left him in a local hotel..( natch )......and fetched the item......managed to snap some quick shots of it on my supplier's wrist.....(not suited to a MASSIVE AP ).....and then gave it to my client.....so my apologies for the rather hurried photos.....I will be posting better studio shots once a new order comes in......GENUINE SWISS 7753 (?..Factory disclosure....I'm not 100% certain on this as I had no chance to explore the movement....but will check later stock..... ).......and very beautiful.......but expensive......if you have any interest ...please let me know......!

On a final note ....Admin has provided a Support Section within my dealer area......that is the best place to contact me......I have no qualms about issues being posted openly.......and when I log on daily.....I search for new posts and check that section......if you have posted there.....I will see it and act accordingly.......if you do not SEE your post...it means I have seen it ....marked it 'invisible; and will be contacting you regarding the issue......it's much better than e-mail.....however please do not abuse it....nor me in the process.......!

I will be posting new Terms & Conditions shortly......along with some videos of the new testing equipment..........please be patient....and let's hope 2007 is a prime year....!

Thanks

TTK

199115-2127.jpg

199115-2128.jpg

199115-2129.jpg

199115-2130.jpg

Edited by TTK

'sapphire' is sapphire......ETA is ETA.....and so forth...what I CANNOT do is open EVERY watch and inspect....ES[ECIALLY THE LOWER END ITEMS......WHERE IT SAYS 'ASIAN'....IT MEANS IT'S AN 'ASIAN' MOVEMENT.......NOT 'ASIAN' ETA........!

Then... I understand that when you say ETA you talk about Swiss ETA, Asian means an Asian movement (not a asian copy of a Swiss ETA). Isn't it so? What do do call Asian ETA? or you will not have such a type of movements? Thanks for clarifying Neil.

I expect the beat-rate, lube and waterproofing will have been done on my cheap-as-chips NoobMariner LV, right?

:blink:

Yeah, just kidding. It's great to see these services offered. I wholeheartedly support your move to the high-end and believe you'll do very well out of us. Well, not me cos I'm a cheapskate, obviously. Them, you'll do well out of them.

Damn, now I'll have to buy a fancy watch off you just to get a beat-rate readout. :Jumpy:

Considering that we are a group of watch fanatics.....just as obsessed as audiophiles......go look at some of the audio forums...and read about guys leaving their amps switched on for 48 hours to let them warm up and meet 'specifications'........and some of the other things they do in terms of modding their kit......!

Absolutely NO manufacturer has been able to 'guarantee' regularity....all you can do is take a reading at the time of examination.....and try to have the watch meet a certain standard......I will not be 'guaranteeing' C.O.S.C standards.......you also need to take into account that ANY watch.....whether genuine or rep.....the moment you pack it in either bubble wrap or a box......as soon as it goes into the postal system......your regualtion can be f***ed in a heartbeat......short of declaring it as 'donor kidney'......it will receive no special handling......it'll be bounced around from [censored] to elbow......however if yoy take the necessary meaures before sending.....then the best you can say is that this watch will meet C.O.S.C standards......doesn't mean it will be performing to them when it is handed to you......you have to roll with the punches....!

I use the term 'Asian CLONE 7750....or ETA 2824-2'.....where I am able to determine that to be the case....!

Edited by TTK

I wholeheartedly support your move to the high-end

Not quite sure what you mean by that Puggy......I've always sold high end products......so this isn't a move to high end product....it's simply a move to offering a bespoke service......I've always offered the 'unusual' items......but don't compete with the Chinese dealers.......I'm not looking to volume sales.......just an extension of my 'non drop ship' policy....!

Edited by TTK

Not quite sure what you mean by that Puggy......I've always sold high end products......so this isn't a move to high end product....it's simply a move to offering a bespoke service......I've always offered the 'unusual' items......but don't compete with the Chinese dealers.......I'm not looking to volume sales.......just an extension of my 'non drop ship' policy....!

Ok, how about "Nice strategic conquest of the high-end."

No-one is even close to this level of service, at least not dealers here.

Neil-

I am sorry to hear you were ill but at least some good came out of it. I do hope other dealers will aspire to achieve the same level of transparency and disclosure. I look forward to your upcoming offerings. Frankly, I always had concerns about the 15 day no tracking approach. I always got what I ordered from you in good shape but it was a huge mystery when it was coming. ;)

In future.....I WILL NOT supply anyone who does NOT have access to a watch repairer.....( I'm fed up with members who 'bleat' that the watch is losing 30 secs a day and can they send it back to be regulated .....the answer is NO......go find a 'smith or learn how to do it yourself....I'm a supplier.....not a service agent.....and if you don't have someone who can do it in your home town.......GO COLLECT STAMPS....sending a watch 18000 miles around the world and thru 3 or 4 sets of Customs is a NO BRAINER.....).......these are mechanical items......not quartz watches.......they REQUIRE constant attention.....servicing and handling with care.....if you're not prepared to take that into consideration.....GO BUY AT WAL-MART OR JOSTY AND THRUSHY......just don't pester me....!

Captain:

Only 3 comments / questions.

. I am glad you are now fully recovered from your illness.

. What I would like to see from you personally are the "exotic" watches. In the old days you were the Mr "Exotic watch man".

You presented for the first time here (....well, in the old RWG) the 1st Radiomir with date , the PAM panda, the PP and so many to name.

You had models that nobody else had.    Are you going to start (...or continue) doing so ???

. I can understand your view on the "loosing 30 secs" issue, and I agree, but you will take a watch back if lets say: the bezel doesn't turn , or date doesn't change, or a sec sub dial hand is loose inside the dial, crown is popping up....etc......   No ???

Watchsmiths, in the majority of the cases do not undertake this kind of work/repair on reps.

Some people can fix that themselves , but dont forget that these members do no represent more than the 20% of this forum.

The rest can only do strap changing and brasselet adjustment (...I am one of them :whistling: ).

..... some members dont even go that far.

Glad to see ya back ... alive and ready to kick   :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@AMK......of course I will take it back for faulty bezels etc.....but that shouldn't happen.......with my checkpoint list.....and the fact that I do inspect parts such as bezels.....I wouldn't send one out that had a faulty bezel....or the date doesn't turn....!

As for unusual items.....I noticed a trend recently where these items seemed to be less popular......in the old days ...members just wanted to collect items that were slightly different.....there's a new breed of member who just want something that is 100% to the original.....with no prisoners taken....!

I will still be offering from time to time ...'unusual' items.....so keep an eye on the trading boards....:D