When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona@6

jackxv6

Maybe just the angle? I see something odd with the symmetry @ the 6:00 marker/lume dot, but I think it's my eyes playing tricks on me...

I think it's an optical illusion that's making our brains jelly-like. Once I put the grid over the dial, the off-axis dial suddenly looked back on-axis. :blink:

Is it a cenobyte watch or a hell-dimension portal? Does it sometimes weep blood or scream like the souls of a thousand damned sinners? :Jumpy:

If the grid is not distorted, then something is definitely off. The case doesn't look uniform on the points that make up the base for the bracelet attachment.

That could be the angle or, as I suggested earlier, the work of the little wizards of Beelzebub, the lord of the flies. :animal_rooster:

From the grid shot, something is off... if you follow the line that runs down the left side fo the top end link down, it does not come near the left side of the bottom endline... something odd there...

and OP as was said already, there is no way you got 31 jewels swiss movement in there... if you can get teh case off the back for a picture that would be good... it may say swiss 31 jewels but at the price there is no way...

also dealers here easily get manual paul newman for $200-250...

My main concern buying from your guy is either he knows and is lying to you/ripping you off or he doesn't know in which case... well why buy from him?

Basically if it is a swiss 7750 then he gave you a good deal, but someone who gives that kind of deal isn't going to lie and tell you it's a 31 jewel... if it's an asian 7750 then you paid too much and whatever the reason you shouldn't be going back.

Nice watch but you could do better here I think...

Edited by Devedander

Hi everybody,

The pictures last posted are of an 16030 plexi, 1979, new old stock dial, completely polished, the distortion is propably caused because the photo was taken on a cushion while bracelet closed. This watch is certainly original and thus serviced by Rolex, offcourse with the original Jubilee bracelet installed instead of the replica oyster.

Because of the critical notes about the Daytona I took it to my watchrepair guy he opened it and he has shown me the "ETA"' inside and also the regulator of the balance +/- ,something that is missing on most of the the Asian version 7750's. I understand Chinese and other Asians can copy anything. It runs at 288/289 on a "'tick-tack" machine which according to the repair guy is ok. I ordered some taller and fatter hands.

Jack

Hi everybody,

The pictures last posted are of an 16030 plexi, 1979, new old stock dial, completely polished, the distortion is propably caused because the photo was taken on a cushion while bracelet closed. This watch is certainly original and thus serviced by Rolex, offcourse with the original Jubilee bracelet installed instead of the replica oyster.

Because of the critical notes about the Daytona I took it to my watchrepair guy he opened it and he has shown me the "ETA"' inside and also the regulator of the balance +/- ,something that is missing on most of the the Asian version 7750's. I understand Chinese and other Asians can copy anything. It runs at 288/289 on a "'tick-tack" machine which according to the repair guy is ok. I ordered some taller and fatter hands.

Jack

A slightly better picture