When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Logo Reposition ( 45.5mm Po )

who

Just received my 45mm PO. The watch is beautiful like most of the review said and I'm also lucky enough not having the crown problem like some of the member does.

Anyway, one of the problem catch my attention is the position of the Omega LOGO. It doesn't line up good with the word "OMEGA", I did couple search and didn't see anyone have a fix on that.

Anyone knows how difficult to align the logo? Since this watch seem "perfect enough" to me so far I will try not to ship it back to China if this is a easy fix. I will try to post a pic so you guys can have better idea.

thanks for you help

Just received my 45mm PO. The watch is beautiful like most of the review said and I'm also lucky enough not having the crown problem like some of the member does.

Anyway, one of the problem catch my attention is the position of the Omega LOGO. It doesn't line up good with the word "OMEGA", I did couple search and didn't see anyone have a fix on that.

Anyone knows how difficult to align the logo? Since this watch seem "perfect enough" to me so far I will try not to ship it back to China if this is a easy fix. I will try to post a pic so you guys can have better idea.

thanks for you help

just pull the movement and try to move it with tweezers. it may be loose in that case may need to be reglued.

just pull the movement and try to move it with tweezers. it may be loose in that case may need to be reglued.

beside send it back which I try not to........this is what I'm thinking as well.

I found a few useful post about how to pull the movement but I still have a few questions:

.....After I remove the case back is it necessary to remove the rotor like The Zigmeister did in his post Uncasing

Or I can skip remove the rotor and just release the stem/crown & unscrewing the case clamps like Edge's Link ?

and.....do I need to remove the Hands when I fix the LOGO ?

at last.....What kinds of glue I should use for the best result?

thanks a lot

It doesn't sound like you have enough experience to pull this off without severely damaging something. I would contact your dealer and see if he can send a replacement dial. Then have a watchsmith replace it for you.

thanks for your Andrew,

Yes you are correct, I never done any real service to a watch beside changing the battery....and this is why I need to make sure I understand every single step before I decide to give it a go....( the same step I took every time when I decided to fix my own car, I always study the instruction carefully and see if I got a pic in my head).

so far one of thing I may not able to do is remove the rotor, it seem complicate to put it back. If I can ensure I do not need to remove the rotor this will help me a lot.

Since you mentioned I can ask the seller to send me a replacement dial, which way is more easy to do.......replace the whole dial or adjust the logo alone ?

and....if I take it to a watchsmith how much they will ask for the job?

again, thanks for all the help and advice.

You wont need to remove the rotor. You will:

-Remove caseback

-Remove crown & stem

-Remove the "movement holder" screws & clips

-Now remove the movement

At this point I would

-Remove the hands

-Remove the dial from the movement

On the back of the dial the are sometimes small holes used for positioning things like dial marker and logos. If your dial has these I would try using a small needle to push the logo off from behind. I don't think that you will be able to pry it off from the front without doing serious damage.

As another word of warning... Understanding what you have to do is only half the battle. Having done this kind of thing on several watches, I can tell you that the screws, parts, hands, etc., that you will be working with are extremely small and hard to manipulate. I never look forward to opening a watch as most times it ends up frustrating the hell out of me. As you have never done this before, I'll tell you that the odds of you screwing something up are far more likely than you fixing this problem. If it really bothers you, send it back, or as I said before, get a replacement dial and have someone do the work for you.

Contact MVB (Marrickvilleboy)....he changed the position of my Omega symbol on my 4th version PO since it was basiaclly too low and on top of the word OMEGA. He can give you some better insight on how he did.