When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dropped My Panny, Need Help

beowolf

If it keeps on running, then your fine...

Try it dial up and dial down, that will at least tell you if you broke one of the pivots on the balance staff...

RG

well, it stopped again, i wiggled the stem and it seems to be triggering it, when it pressed down i would get it to stop, then i turn it and it works again, so it looks like ineed a repair, is it worth repairing ?

Could be the same problem that i had last week.

My problem was that the dail plate came loose and wasn't in a centric position anymore.

This caused frixion between the second hand and the dail.

The dail has pins on the back to position it in the wright place, one was broken off.

Regards,

Cats

I am sure it can be fixed, it could be something simple or something broken...only way to know is to have a look at it in person...

RG

Ok, I would hate to part with my panny, since it is the only one i have so far. Right now it is working at it worked all night. It seems to have something to do with the pin. I will contact you.

well......so far i found a broken pivot on the escape wheel. replaced that and still the same problem. the balance staff pivots are not broken either.. weird. i can't believe it ran at all with the escape wheel pivot broken. i today found a chipped gear driving the hour wheel which could very well have been the other damage. i also properly lubed all the jewels. it is running great now but i would like to keep it here another day and make sure it doesn't stop again....... i really hope it keeps running because i cannot find anything else wrong. :bicycle:

204083-918.jpg

204083-919.jpg

@ beowolf

Thanks for booking an appointement with me, sending me multiple PM's because my associate did not get back to you within a few hours, and then sending the watch somewhere else to get fixed, and not even having the decency to let me or my associate know that you changed your mind.

Very impressive performance, considering the help I gave you.

RWG members at their WORSE

People like you ruin it for everyone else looking to have work done...when the door closes for good (which it will), RWG members can count people like yourself for the reason.

RG

@ beowolf

Thanks for booking an appointement with me, sending me multiple PM's because my associate did not get back to you within a few hours, and then sending the watch somewhere else to get fixed, and not even having the decency to let me or my associate know that you changed your mind.

People like you ruin it for everyone else looking to have work done...when the door closes for good (which it will), RWG members can count people like yourself for the reason.

RG

Hmm, dodgy...I concur... :thumbdown:

babola

@ beowolf

RG

rob, sorry now i feel like i stepped on your toes. i had no knowledge of an appointment was booked with you and i responded to beowolf's pm asking for help. i am always willing to lend a hand to any members who need help but i would never knowingly or intentionally "steal a job" from you or anyone else on the forum. your work is the best of the best and your support to the forum is unmatched and much appreciated and i feel bad now that he has sent me this watch to repair while he had an appointment set with you. i think he made a mistake this time and should have sent it to you if he had already set up the appointment. i hope you don't have any hard feelings toward me for this.

i'm sure beowolf learned a lesson and won't do the same thing again. sounds like he was having a moment of frustration and impatience and just wanted his watch fixed ASAP. i think he still deserves a second chance. i'd be willing to ship the watch to you to finish the work and not charge for my 4 hours labor troubleshooting the movement and replacing a few parts if that's ok with you and beowolf... you can finish it up and i'll eat my labor cost. it still stops running after i replaced two damaged parts already.

rob, sorry now i feel like i stepped on your toes. i had no knowledge of an appointment was booked with you and i responded to beowolf's pm asking for help. i am always willing to lend a hand to any members who need help but i would never knowingly or intentionally "steal a job" from you or anyone else on the forum. your work is the best of the best and your support to the forum is unmatched and much appreciated and i feel bad now that he has sent me this watch to repair while he had an appointment set with you. i think he made a mistake this time and should have sent it to you if he had already set up the appointment. i hope you don't have any hard feelings toward me for this.

i'm sure beowolf learned a lesson and won't do the same thing again. sounds like he was having a moment of frustration and impatience and just wanted his watch fixed ASAP. i think he still deserves a second chance. i'd be willing to ship the watch to you to finish the work and not charge for my 4 hours labor troubleshooting the movement and replacing a few parts if that's ok with you and beowolf... you can finish it up and i'll eat my labor cost. it still stops running after i replaced two damaged parts already.

@flavor flav

No hard feelings towards you, as you did not step on my toes or steal a job from me. I am glad that you can offer your services to the other members here. If bewolf was a real supporter of this community, he would have the decency to let you know about his prior arrangements and conversations with me, before making new arrangements with you. I don’t want to have anything to do with this watch, it’s your time and skills that are into it, and bewolf can compensate you for your efforts and your time.

What pisses me off, is the urgency that people place on situation, and the multiple PM’s and impatience. That, and the fact that he took up my time, and Jennifer’s time, and then did not have the decency to send Jennifer a message telling her to cancel his booking. That is the issue, nothing else.

@ bewolf

Jennifer did answer your email, just not in the time frame that you wanted… this was done on Thursday, just after I had answered your pm inquiry as to why you did not get an answer from her immediately.

If indeed her email message did not come through (unlikely), I can’t help but wonder why you suddenly forgot how to pm me, and let me know that you did not get any response from her, or that you had found someone else to take care of your “emergency”. Considering that you had no problem sending me 4 messages in the previous 24 hours, strange how once someone stepped up to help you, you forgot how to contact me.

When you first contacted me and I sent you my capabilities list, and your response was “I’ll Fedex it to you today…” that should have been my first clue that you did not even read what I had sent you.

You were a jerk, you wanted instant gratification, and as soon as you found it somewhere else, you forgot about our arrangement, or the help I gave you.

RG

@flavor flav

No hard feelings towards you, as you did not step on my toes or steal a job from me. I am glad that you can offer your services to the other members here. If bewolf was a real supporter of this community, he would have the decency to let you know about his prior arrangements and conversations with me, before making new arrangements with you. I don’t want to have anything to do with this watch, it’s your time and skills that are into it, and bewolf can compensate you for your efforts and your time.

What pisses me off, is the urgency that people place on situation, and the multiple PM’s and impatience. That, and the fact that he took up my time, and Jennifer’s time, and then did not have the decency to send Jennifer a message telling her to cancel his booking. That is the issue, nothing else.

@ bewolf

Jennifer did answer your email, just not in the time frame that you wanted… this was done on Thursday, just after I had answered your pm inquiry as to why you did not get an answer from her immediately.

If indeed her email message did not come through (unlikely), I can’t help but wonder why you suddenly forgot how to pm me, and let me know that you did not get any response from her, or that you had found someone else to take care of your “emergency”. Considering that you had no problem sending me 4 messages in the previous 24 hours, strange how once someone stepped up to help you, you forgot how to contact me.

When you first contacted me and I sent you my capabilities list, and your response was “I’ll Fedex it to you today…” that should have been my first clue that you did not even read what I had sent you.

You were a jerk, you wanted instant gratification, and as soon as you found it somewhere else, you forgot about our arrangement, or the help I gave you.

RG

I will admit, I was impatient. Since I did not get a response from Jennifer, I took the offer from Flavor. You can call me a jerk or whatever, that is fine. I made a mistake. I am not gonna sit here and overly apologize. To you I am a jerk and you will never do business with me. No problem. I am finished with this thread and moving on. Thanks again to Flavor for helping me out.

Edited by beowolf