When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad Daytona Replica.. But Interesting

chrgod

The Daytona in this thread over at Time Zone is probably one of the least accurate Daytonas I have ever seen. It even has a date!

But nevertheless I was amazed to see that the replica was powered by a genuine mechanical chronograph movement, probably the Poljot 3133 which is based on the Valjoux 7734 ( correct me if I am wrong). It is a strange mix of rather expensive parts and completly wrong look.. The replicamakers have even taken care to engrave Rolex on the bridge of the movement! :o

It might be one of the worst reps around, but if there was such a thing as a "Replica museum",this would be an interesting piece!

Why didn't they use the movement to make a nice Heuer Monaco replica instead! :mellow:

201160-1614.jpg

201160-1615.jpg

The case isn't very clever.......but using the Poljot 3133 movement was fairly common in the ealerly 6263 / 6265 replicas....the 3133 is a bi-compax movement ...so the sub dial at 6 was non-functioning.......I used to sell them on TRC....in silver / white and black dials......here's the black dial version....!

201704-1483.jpg

Edited by TTK