When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestions Wanted.

deepsea

I'm looking for an alarm watch to add the collection. mechanical of course, no quartz :whistling:

inspected bellomatics, but they just don't do for me.

I was planning to get a russian poljot, but I couldn't find a sharp looking one :)

BTW, I'm a panerai guy. so bigger is better... :)

replica or gen. doesn't matter. but I won't spend more than a few hundred bucks.

so let's here your suggestions for a mechanical alarm watch. :)

photos would be much appriciated if possible.

thanks.

Edited by deepsea

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for an alarm watch to add the collection. mechanical of course, no quartz :whistling:

I picked up the Vulcain GMT Cricket - aka The President's Watch - from Neil last year. It works great, is a good size, and when I wear it out gets some MAD love from anyone who sees it.

It's not a very common watch, but stunning nonetheless.

Hope that helps.

I picked up the Vulcain GMT Cricket - aka The President's Watch - from Neil last year. It works great, is a good size, and when I wear it out gets some MAD love from anyone who sees it.

It's not a very common watch, but stunning nonetheless.

Hope that helps.

It's true that the Vulcain GMT Cricket is gorgeous but... are reps good? I have been hesitating at TT's models a while ago and decided not to do it. I don't know whether it's the watch or the pix...

Did you get the black dial one? How is the finish? Would you care to share some writs shots?

How does it work, does the bezel with the cities turn automatically? I think that it does on the gen while the 24h-bezel is fixed. I'm not sure. On the contrary, GP's ww.tc or PP's world time have a automatically rotating

As you can see, I'm not looking specifically at the alarm function but the world time one... ;)

It's true that the Vulcain GMT Cricket is gorgeous but... are reps good? I have been hesitating at TT's models a while ago and decided not to do it. I don't know whether it's the watch or the pix...

Did you get the black dial one? How is the finish? Would you care to share some writs shots?

How does it work, does the bezel with the cities turn automatically? I think that it does on the gen while the 24h-bezel is fixed. I'm not sure. On the contrary, GP's ww.tc or PP's world time have a automatically rotating

As you can see, I'm not looking specifically at the alarm function but the world time one...

It's a stunning watch; the alarm works great, the finish is fantastic, and it keeps good time. I replaced the strap (as I do with all my reps) with a black calf with grey stitch from Aaron. It is the black face Cricket.

The world-time dial is rotated manually with the center crown; it is not automatic. Just an FYI - there are currently no reps with an automatic 24-hour dial like the Cricket or the Breguet Marine. At least, none that I have ever heard of nor seen. This is one area where I'd be super-happy to be wrong, of course!

Cheers.