When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Difference Between Josh's J12's ($198 V. $348)

dak244

OK, so I have looked at the specs, pics, etc between josh's 2 black ceramic J12's. Specifically, CHA10013 and CHA10001.

The only thing I can find that maybe the issue is the date font and I thought at first it was an update, but actually the cheaper one (10013) was actually added at a later date, and is newer.

Anyway, if anyone has a clue as to what the difference is, I would love to know, links follow:

CHA10013: http://watchwindersworld.com/cha10013-blac...rtz-p-2347.html

CHA10001: http://watchwindersworld.com/cha10001-blac...rtz-p-1775.html

Thanks!

I've been studying these tonight, trying to decide which one to get for my wife, the date position looks off centre (distance between 4 & 5) on the $200, it looks dead centre on the $350 version, and also comparing them to a gen pic the hour markers and Chanel font looks better on the $350 version, but then the bezel looks better on the $200 version (look at the 3 and the 5's), this may all be down to photo angles/focus etc not sure, and also the only person who would care is me, my wife wouldn't know a $2 watch from $2k watch, but it's mothers day soon, and she is a fantastic mum so I think I'll go for the $350 version she deserves it, well actually she deserves the gen but I can't afford it :( if these pics are accurate that $350 version with the bezel from the $200 version would make a perfect rep! [edit] well almost perfect, just noticed the J12 on the dial sits too low.

206387-426.jpg206387-427.jpg

206387-428.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than the $200 one. First off Pug is right...more expensive one goes through an extra finishing process...I believe Josh told me an extra firing process in the kiln, plus it is made from an imported ceramic, whereas the less expensive one is made from a local grade.

That being said I have the black chrono version for myself (please no laughter the ceramic intrigued me :rolleyes: )...my sister-in-law has the white ladies version, similar to what you are looking at in black. The more expensive grade in white has a more translucent appearance which closer resembles the genuine. The black looks dead on as far as the $200 version goes as we compared ours to actual watches in a Chanel store locally. In fact the salespeople assumed my sister-in-laws was genuine...I did not wear mine, as the chrono version is quartz, it should be an automatic.

Lastly for $200 it comes in a very nice box set wth papers, manual, warranty card..quite the nice package and certainly will win her over for Mother's Day.

So my advice get the $200 one and use the other $200 for yourself.

I just received a Ladies J12 Superleggera and sent it back! It has some serious QC issues. The bezel was very loose and flimsy, and the numbers around the bezel were hardly noticeable and then faded to a point where in some areas they weren't even there. And I think they used the wrong colour on the numbers on the bezel also...it was a goldish colour instead of white. Anyways, I was not satisfied..and my wife was definately not impressed. Thankfully the dealer I work with was very helpful and agreed to take the watch back and replace it with another brand of my choice. I think I'll be going with either a ladies Gucci or Omega.

Just my $0.02

• 1 month later...
OK, so I have looked at the specs, pics, etc between josh's 2 black ceramic J12's. Specifically, CHA10013 and CHA10001.

The only thing I can find that maybe the issue is the date font and I thought at first it was an update, but actually the cheaper one (10013) was actually added at a later date, and is newer.

Anyway, if anyone has a clue as to what the difference is, I would love to know, links follow:

CHA10013: http://watchwindersworld.com/cha10013-blac...rtz-p-2347.html

CHA10001: http://watchwindersworld.com/cha10001-blac...rtz-p-1775.html

Thanks!

The difference? $150.00 :whistling: