When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 183g Font Color

dak244

OK, so I was just looking through some gen pics, comparing to my new (well to me new) 183g. I noticed that all the gen pics I find have really white numbers and hands (lume) and mine is a yellowish tint.

Can anyone tell me if this is because my why this is? Is it because my watch has been superlumed?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have updated it to include this really horrible picture comparison. You can't see mine that clearly but you can compare the text "Panerai" and "Radiomir" to the color of the font

205082-647.jpg

Edited by dak244

OK, so I was just looking through some gen pics, comparing to my new (well to me new) 183g. I noticed that all the gen pics I find have really white numbers and hands (lume) and mine is a yellowish tint.

Can anyone tell me if this is because my why this is? Is it because my watch has been superlumed?

Thanks.

Don't worry my friend.. In most 183 gen pictures the colour looks like white but I have handled one in my AD and it is more yellowish than is seems.

It is a real mystery to me why it looks white in photos.. maybe a mixture of C3 and C1? But Panerai only buys C3 for their watches so I dont understand...

Don't worry my friend.. In most 183 gen pictures the colour looks like white but I have handled one in my AD and it is more yellowish than is seems.

It is a real mystery to me why it looks white in photos.. maybe a mixture of C3 and C1? But Panerai only buys C3 for their watches so I dont understand...

Thanks V. I hope this is true. I am going to take some better pictures tonight, but can you see what I am talking about?

Thanks V. I hope this is true. I am going to take some better pictures tonight, but can you see what I am talking about?

Yes I can see... but on the other hand I see that the font on the letters (LUMINOR PANERAI BLACK SEAL) of your 183 is white and the genuine is salmon/off white/yellowish.

I think this is a worst flaw than the colour of the lume which is probably ok :)

I am also confused if we are talking about the colour of the lume on NUMBERS or the colour of the TEXT...

I was referring to the color of the lume on the numbers. The reason I put the pic up was to show how the Panerai text looked compared to the lume color on each. I have compared the text colors and they are pretty similiar, so you can see from my crappy pic the lume and text on the gen are pretty close to the same, and on the rep, the font is way lighter (whiter) than the numbers...

Make sense?? :whistling:

on the rep, the font is way lighter (whiter) than the numbers...

Make sense?? :whistling:

doesnt make sense at all. Must be same color and you must be fooled by the photo. For example, on my monitor I see Panerai text same color, but markers more yelowish indeed.

Ths doesnt make sense too :bicycle:

I think the lume on the gen is much more white looking then your average rep. i have only tried on a few Gens but, its really obvious between the gen and teh super green looking when not glowing color on the reps

I have had 1 rep that was an early EL 177h that had white numbers and give you radiation posioning glow. even my relumes didn't glow as much as that dial. that was closest to gen i have had.

Personally i think the green is F-ed up, its very hard to get nice strap colors cause the green contrasts with everything. Personally i like the white.