When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss Valjoux Daytona?

dieselpower

About six months ago I saw for sale a 6263 with a swiss made 7750 movement and I was very tempted to purchase it. It was pricey and the fact that it was automatic put me off. I have never been able to find this watch for sale since. Has anyone seen one? If so where? Anyway I got to thinking why it should be so rare? Does anyone know any reason why one could not just buy a swiss 7750 movement and have it fitted into a rep Daytona in replacement for the asian 7750?

As a matter of interest the subdials on the swiss one I saw were white (it was a black dial) and I have not seen an asian mvmt 6263 with black dial and white subs (they all seem to have silver subs which is I believe wrong).

Any thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,

Dieselpower.

post-2563-1172483940_thumb.jpg

Have a look here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/Ee-Vintage-6263-6265-t18780.html

You could drop a Swiss 7750 inside if the Asian one failed...............

Just make sure the 7750 is Tri-Compax with 3/6/9 subdials not the 6/9/12 version.

Cheers! :)

PS: that watch for sale is a bargain, if it's still available, great quality......

I second the suggestion from Mickey Padge... The EE Daytona is a good buy, especially at that price. The EE uses a very similar case to the DW's; that said, the proportions are correct- 37.1mm case, 19mm lugs, asymmetric pushers, accepts a genuine T-21... If you're going to get a 7750 6263/5, I'd suggest that one :)