When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Total "defective" watch count

elprimerozen

Out of all my watches, I've had two Panerais with screw-thread problems, one of which was not new, so let's count that as 1. My GMT had a second hand fall off and that was repaired at the dealer's expense (Silix), so that's 2. My Navitimer from Ruby died in its first week and was replaced in a drawn-out amusing story, so that's 3. My Precious Time raffle IWC GST died in its first week, and was replaced quickly, so that's 4. My Ultimate PO had bracelet problems dealt with through ingenuity so I don't count that. Oh, and my MBW 1680 arrived sort of DOA, with the second hand moving but the hour and minutes not. That's a definite DOA so that makes 5. Hang on, my pre-forum datejust died after a few months. Does that count? If so, that's 6.

I have over 20 watches, almost 30, so I am glad that my dealers look after me. I don't think that I'm unlucky or that my cash is wasted, though.

I bought about 25 watches in 2006. All were working and I had no problems I could not quickly remedy myself. The first watch I bought in 2007, a ultimate PO was a disaster. Stripped crown, bad pearl, stops randomly and loose He valve nearly falling off. I guess I was due. I just sent the watch back to Andrew for a replacement. But, hearing of all the similar quality issues with this model of PO I am not so sure that I will get a good one. I asked Andrew to make sure it is checked out but don't know if he will do this.

This watch looked and felt great to wear. I hope I get a good replacement.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Out of about 60 watches in the last 4 months I had:

1 rolex daytona that was moren than 30 minutes off in a few houres and stopwatch not working

2x iwc minute repeater, both crap. movements would stopped all the time

2x PO 42mm black, both with loose indexes when they arrived.

1 Breitling evolution with button problem and bad movement.

1 PO 45mm with a chip out of the case (got a new case from dealer)

1 Panerai 111, movement ran to short from the beginning and stopped after 4 days

1 iwc portoguese chrono, movement stopped after 1 day

1 AP wempe with bezel not straight on the case. not possible to fix

1 iwc ingenieur with some small piece of plastic in the case??

AP Wempe received in gold, but I ordered ss (this one doesn't count offcourse :) )

So we can put 11 more watches to the list

Makes it 78 if I'm correct