When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my Ultimate PO today. I absolutely love it. But....

beowolf

How do I adjust the SS bracelet? This is my first watch with one.

Possibly the toughest SS bracelet to adjust. I'd go find a rep-friendly watchmaker to size it.

In principle, you push the pins out of the bracelet in the direction of the arrows printed on the bottom of the links. There's a sleeve around the middle of the pin that you don't want to lose. There are several posts about this but my advice remains "get someone else to do it".

Possibly the toughest SS bracelet to adjust. I'd go find a rep-friendly watchmaker to size it.

In principle, you push the pins out of the bracelet in the direction of the arrows printed on the bottom of the links. There's a sleeve around the middle of the pin that you don't want to lose. There are several posts about this but my advice remains "get someone else to do it".

Ok, thanks. I am afraid to go to this watchmaker here in washington, dc. He may throw me out.

:black_eye:

Ok, thanks. I am afraid to go to this watchmaker here in washington, dc. He may throw me out.

:black_eye:

Just go to a decent little shop. Don't mention its a rep, just have him size it. My watchmaker complemented me on what he obviously thought was the real deal.

Just go to a decent little shop. Don't mention its a rep, just have him size it. My watchmaker complemented me on what he obviously thought was the real deal.

Sure, it is that good, but I'd not take it to an Omega AD if I were you, as he'd ask what's up with the AR. :D

will do, I hope to find a nice rubber or leather strap too. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also, what does the button on the left do? I am totally new to omega watches.

It's a Helium valve. Not a button that you push, rather it turns, anti clockwise to open and reverse to close. Not sure if its functional (as a valve) on the rep though.

^_^ Interesting, I wonder if it is functional.

Unless you are diving to depths of 100m or more, I wouldn't worry about the helium valve - it's just a gimmick !! :mellow:

Before everyone said how hard it was, I removed a link in my ultimate PO. Here is what I did.

Removing the pin:

1. I used a pin tool to get the pin half way out. (that is as far as you can get with the pin tool)

2. Using needle nose pliars - I grabbed the pin using the wide flat part of the pliars (not the scorred/ribbed part at the tip of the pliars) as I did not want to score or add grooves to the pin in case it slipped.

3. Hard firm pressure (without twisting so as to not bend the pin) brought the pin out.

Replacing the pin in the adjusted bracelet:

1. I alligned and placed the pin in the hole and pushed a little to get it started.

2. Again, using the flat part of the pliars I grabbed the pin firmly and pushed straight. This got it about 1/2 way in.

3. I used my watch hammer, the plastic tip part, to lightlly rap the pin in the rest of the distance. There is no other way the pin would have gone in without this hammer. The pin did not bend in this process.

Yes, it was hard and having the right tools is critical. It was the hardest one I have ever done but following these instructions took me only a minute of two.

Usil

this is exactly what i did except i was more reckless with the pliars

also - what kind of chicks are you hangin out with that ask about that thingy on your watch? :)

myexperience is if they are scoping out your watch they are trying to figure out if you can afford them :)

Before everyone said how hard it was, I removed a link in my ultimate PO. Here is what I did.

Removing the pin:

1. I used a pin tool to get the pin half way out. (that is as far as you can get with the pin tool)

2. Using needle nose pliars - I grabbed the pin using the wide flat part of the pliars (not the scorred/ribbed part at the tip of the pliars) as I did not want to score or add grooves to the pin in case it slipped.

3. Hard firm pressure (without twisting so as to not bend the pin) brought the pin out.

Replacing the pin in the adjusted bracelet:

1. I alligned and placed the pin in the hole and pushed a little to get it started.

2. Again, using the flat part of the pliars I grabbed the pin firmly and pushed straight. This got it about 1/2 way in.

3. I used my watch hammer, the plastic tip part, to lightlly rap the pin in the rest of the distance. There is no other way the pin would have gone in without this hammer. The pin did not bend in this process.

Yes, it was hard and having the right tools is critical. It was the hardest one I have ever done but following these instructions took me only a minute of two.

Usil