When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Caseback

dieselpower

I have just purchased an EE 6263 (waiting for its arrival) and am planning on installing a Val 72 movement to replace the Asian 7750 that is currently in the watch. Given that the replacement movement will be a manual wind I suppose the caseback that the watch will come with will be too large (in depth) as it will be made to accomodate a the rotor of the automatic movement. If this is the case (ha ha - no pun intended!) does anybody know where I might purchase a 6263 case back (either gen or rep) and how accurate any aftermarket ones might be to the original?

Thanks to all for help.

Dieselpower.

I was wondering about that. You have just confirmed more expense! Yes, I will as you say have to replace the dial too. So secondly, where would you recommend I source the dial? (obviously not a gen - I don't want to remortgage my house!).

I have done research and have a list of suppliers of parts in mind but without actually having done this before I would greatly appreciate any advice so that I do not end up wasting money.

Thanks again.

Dieselpower.

I'm guessing you have bought your EE Daytona from Maciek in which case I was the original owner of that watch! It is a very good peice as is and really only needs a genuine crownb and tube fitting and a genuine Tropic21 crystal and it would look very good indeed.

I don't really think the watch is worth the investment of a gen VJ72 with new dial as I don't think from memory it has assymetric pushers either.

I would wait for it to arrive and live with it for a while and then maybe start a VJ72 from scratch with the correct case and dial set.

Ubiquitous is the best member to ask about these as he has built several Daytona's and I'm giving my own opinion on the watch you are about to receive.

Cheers :rolleyes:

You got it in one! That is the watch I am (eagerly waiting for) I must admit I am a bit dissapointed about the non-asymmetric pushers. I thought the case was a 1:1 copy of the original. All in all it looks like I will be buying another Daytona. Oh the pain and expense of the learning curve! Maybe I will go the whole hog and build a PN from a case kit and a V72 from a donor watch.

I still want this piece and am greatly looking forward to its arrival - will try and take some photos when it arrives but that is not a strong point of mine as I only have a non-SLR digital camera but I will try. If you have any info about it could you PM me? Original bracelet?

Cheers Dieselpower.

To be honest I'd forgotten and knew very little about the pushers etc when I owned this watch but you may be right looking at Maciek's pics, I hope so anyway because you could still do your project then. He says in the add that it was my watch and I do regret selling her!!!! Enjoy her my friend and welcome the wonderfdul world of vintage Daytona reps!!!!

I have since built a VJ72 Daytona and would never part with it at any cost!!!!

Hi Watcher,

Thanks for your blessing! You can rest assured that your lovely baby will be in good hands and looked after properly. I am very interested in your V72 Daytona and which route you chose to build your piece. If you have the time and inclination can you PM me with details as that is exactly what I want to get for myself. And of course the first great decision -

To PN, or not to PN: that is the question:

Whether 't is nobler on the wrist to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous imperfections,

Or to take arms against a sea of details,

And by replicating - end them!

Ah the journey is so exiting!

All advice/opinios still gratefully welcomed,

Dieselpower (with a little help from W. Shakespeare)

You can buy a Valjoux 23 case kit too, movements are cheaper ;)

I dont know if valjoux 23 case features asymmetric pushers however.

I have seen some case kits for sale in ebay, I think you can get them cheaper here. Obviously you are in the best place to start such project. Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...