When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New dial colors Tag Heuer Link Chrono?

scoobs1971

Wow, you're persistent. lol

5 posts all in this one thread about the same issue. But hey, I'm curious as well.

When I get my blue Tag next week (it's been sitting at my sister's apartment since the beginning of the month waiting for me to get back to the US to collect it), I'll visit an AD and see how it looks. However, my sister really likes the blue Tag and didn't make any comment about the colour being different than the gen. Knowing her, she'd pick up on something like that.

Wow, you're persistent. lol

Sometimes you need to be persistent to seperate facts from speculations...;)

I can only tell for the grey version, since I own the grey rep and did a couple of comparisons at different AD's under different lighting situations.

I'm curious to what you find out about the blue version. What you need to look for is the outer ring of the dial. On the gen it seems to have a slightly different blue color (or maybe it's made of different material) than the inner part of the dial.

Hopefully, you find out that the blue version is correct....

The best I can offer for now is this pic that Ruby sent me before buying the watch. Not the best pic in the world but it does show that the outer part of the dial with the hour markers isn't textured like the inside and that could easily be responsible for the colour difference as per the appearance of the gen

265936-4520.jpg

Edited by Jumbie

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are wasting our time here as nothing can or will be proved using photographs taken using different cameras under different lighting, and no-one is going to be convinced until they see it for themselves.

In the end does it really matter anyway as the biggest 'tell' on the rep is the date font and incorrect model number on the caseback (all Link Chrono reps have the model designation for the white faced brushed bezel version).

"Biggest tell is the Date font & case back" ??? NO Way, Not that matters in the real world anyway...

This is exactly my point here of this whole discussion:

Anyone who holds both of these watches in there own hands, will immediately see the beautiful dial shinyness, gleam, luster, etc. of the GEN BLUE & GEN GREY; whereas the Rep Grey dial looks like cheap plastic. [This has been confirmed in person by multiple members' own hands for the GREY. Blue is still unconfirmed...?]

It is not easy to overlook or ignore, This should be a much higher priority topic, (and more interesting :) than caseback model numbers! Who the heck ever sees your caseback or model numbers?

And for datefonts?? i'll take any font, or even no font at all! if they could just get the shiny dial right!

And of course unless the pictures are taken at the same time, the lighting will be different, but photos still can support our points.

All i'm asking is if ANYONE has held both BLUE Gen & Rep, in there own hands....!

Please, i'm almost about to buy the blue just to prove my own point, that the Rep Dials look like cheap plastic :( But i hope i'm wrong.....

I went into both a Tourneau and a Mayor's in the last few days (wearing my blue Tag Link).

1. It's not the most expensive watch. Quite at the bottom of the barrel in fact in terms of cost. For example, a guy was inquiring about a $45k Patek while I was in there. Yet, the sales people were kissing my ass and offering me drinks, etc. and trying to convince me to buy the $7k Breitling I am absolutely in love with.

2. While it would have been weird for me to ask to see the same watch I was wearing in order to compare them in my hands, looking at the blue-dialed Tag in the display case, the colour looked spot on to me.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I've had my Rep TH Chrono for a couple weeks now... really happy with it, and quite a few people have complimented on my *nice* watch hehe. My question is... I got it from Josh in the UK and his site says "water-reisistant". I'm curious (without dunking it in a bucket of water) as to HOW water-resistant it is? I've worn it in some rain but that's it. Not planning on wearing it in the shower... and not diving to 200m either... but ya know, just curious as to what the limitations are without having a financial lesson in finding out myself :victory: