When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some of my recent pam mod projects.

flavor flav

here is one i did for my personal collection! came out alot better than i planned.

titanium case

fat crown and crowngaurd

swiss 6497 undecorated

davidsen 47mm california dial shaved down, split, reshaped, and fitted to a 44mm case size. (not an easy task!)

tall cannon pin

AR coated sapphire crystal

hands set shaved and relumed

the watch boys genuine dark brown alligator deployment on panerai deployment

unbranded and original!!!

214892-15832.jpg

214892-15833.jpg

214892-15834.jpg

214892-15835.jpg

i did this one for another member. davidsen's vintage pams come with a very "new" looking lume and he wanted it aged a bit. i split the sandwich and actually use a thick syrup made from coffee and iodine. i basically dab at the lume with my finger untill the right aged look is achieved. many times over and over wash off and redo untill it's just right. hands are done in a similar way but a different application.

214892-15836.jpg

214892-15837.jpg

this is a standard cannon pin upgrade and relume of hands and dial with my trademark tritec color mix

for a member's 176H

214892-15838.jpg

214892-15839.jpg

BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!

214892-15840.jpg

the coolest of all will be the rolex movement pam i'm building for a member! no sneak peeks on this one. it's really something!

thanks for looking :)

fyi, as you already know we have a kick butt project coming up - FYI ,i ordered from davidson, he is waiting for his 111h dial to come back in stock this week, then were IN BUSINESS :)

but - i really love that california dial, i have been a fan for a while, but have avoided the 47mm radiomir

that looks great. you really could develop your own line of unbranded watches and probably sell them very well

you could partner with Kostas, he is now hand making his own straps :)

fyi, as you already know we have a kick butt project coming up - FYI ,i ordered from davidson, he is waiting for his 111h dial to come back in stock this week, then were IN BUSINESS :)

but - i really love that california dial, i have been a fan for a while, but have avoided the 47mm radiomir

that looks great. you really could develop your own line of unbranded watches and probably sell them very well

you could partner with Kostas, he is now hand making his own straps :)

FF913 brand :) i did an all black sandwich dial i may peice together. i want to find a way to have black lume that glows like normal superlume. some kind of film over the lume may be the trick.. i may someday sell my one off watches but i just enjoy them on my wrist knowing it's the only one like it! i'll still build whatever someone requests. i have tons of lume, tools, and an airbrush :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i am wearing that 5218 on an OF cognac cordovan 24X24 right now and can tell you it looks better in person :D

it really looks (IMHO) like a carefully kept gen with just the right amount of wabi. and the crown (mine somehow snapped in half while wearing it???) that chris replaced feel far better than the original ever did!

just trying to decide if by budget will handle sending my old school 036 in for the new combo super lume this week or next!

Awesome!

Please, what does "shaved down, split" precisely mean?

I think phoband mentioned it before about the Davidsen dials in another thread. The diameter of the dial is shaved all aroudn to fit inside the casing. (Man, that is some serious patience! As I can't even control my dremel on an aluminum IPOD case mod)

And the split is the separation from the dial and the superlume :D

I think phoband mentioned it before about the Davidsen dials in another thread. The diameter of the dial is shaved all aroudn to fit inside the casing. (Man, that is some serious patience! As I can't even control my dremel on an aluminum IPOD case mod)

And the split is the separation from the dial and the superlume :D

Thanks bro! :)

thanks for the kind words :thumbsupsmileyanim: the cali dial was shaved down to fit the case. a lathe makes this easier but still not easy! the dial was way too thick as well so it was actually split down the middle like a sandwich dial. hope that clears up the questions. in other words... full custom work. not a simple dial swap. the cali pam i've worn three days straight! never wore a watch so much. i really like it :victory:

the cali dial was shaved down to fit the case... the dial was way too thick as well so it was actually split down the middle like a sandwich dial. hope that clears up the questions.

Thanks for making it clear, Flav, and congrats once again!