When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picking my next Gen

section8

Either way you'll be paying way too much for whats essentially just another ETA powered watch, though a nicely made one. If you really want genuine go second hand, you'll pay way under retail and if you shop around you can find some incredible deals on hardly worn watches. I paid less than half the new price for my Breitling Chrono avenger and not much more than half for my Planet Ocean, both were in very near new condition and were being sold as the original buyers had taken a change of heart after their purchase.

Forget the scond hand departments of the big watch retailers though.. head for the smaller second hand dealers of even auctions in your area. After all its not as though anyone will fool you into buying a fake!!

Wow, more great info to mull over, thanks guys.

I headed out to Davidsen and Licht in Walnut Creek tonight and poked around. Looked at a Pam 176 on brown croc strap which was quite stunning. Also looked at the Omega Moon watch - a bit out of my range but the guy insisted I look at it. Also tried on a PO 45mm on brown croc strap which pulled the orange bezel pretty well actually. Then a SMP GMT which i really liked.

All of these were great looking, but i just can't see paying retail for any when I could find them second hand and get a good deal. Also as mentioned above, for this price range I could look at the JLC or other brand with a more interesting movement.

PS, the PAM 176 was priced at $4400, i'm sure I could find one second hand for cheaper than that over at Paneristi. Also, I wore my Breitling Bently GT from Eddie on black leather strap, guy didn't blink and eye and complemented me on it LOL

Ok, i'm back to Omega again. Been poking around online and after looking at the speedmaster yesterday, I really really like the Speedmaster GMT. I may have to head into SF and see if i can track one down to look at

216900-15450.jpg