When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealers...

yellomen

It's awefully quite in the dealer section for some months now. Occasionally one of them puts a watch for sale but besides WO-Mart and Narikaa most of the hardly post here anymore.

Why is that?

Furthermore i see an increase in complaints about the quality and communication with dealers lately. Totall lack of quality control is one of the biggest issues. I guess to the huge frustration of customers AND dealers!

I would like to hear your opinion on this trend that i think is hapening, but i'd like to hear the opinion of the dealers especially!!

Neil, Paul, Eddie, Angus, Joshua, Trusty, PT, Sash and King... maybe you guys can shed some light on this. Is there maybe something we as customers can do to make it better/easier for you? Or maybe we can come to make things better together... :)

If you were a dealer with all the public complaining (both deservedly and not) what would you do? You would post the ones that you have excess inventory on. Now factor in that the people here feel enabled and are very quick to run to Paypal inspite of the fact they are buying illegal goods. Oh and last point, there is some fear, which may or may not be true - that our forum is under surveillance by the powers that be and you become a lightening rod for folks who want to shut you down. If I were in their shoes all I would be doing here is posting my website info. :)

It's awefully quite in the dealer section for some months now. Occasionally one of them puts a watch for sale but besides WO-Mart and Narikaa most of the hardly post here anymore.

Why is that?

Furthermore i see an increase in complaints about the quality and communication with dealers lately. Totall lack of quality control is one of the biggest issues. I guess to the huge frustration of customers AND dealers!

I would like to hear your opinion on this trend that i think is hapening, but i'd like to hear the opinion of the dealers especially!!

Neil, Paul, Eddie, Angus, Joshua, Trusty, PT, Sash and King... maybe you guys can shed some light on this. Is there maybe something we as customers can do to make it better/easier for you? Or maybe we can come to make things better together... :)

I think it's quite obvious what is happening. I think a lot of dealers are moving away from catering to watch enthusiasts because they have high expectations. Why sell a watch to someone here who will not accept production flaws when they can sell to the less knowledgeable for twice the price and send them any old defective junk. QC has always been hit and miss, but dealers (the good ones) did make an effort not to send out any blatantly faulty goods. Not so these days. Too many drop shippers who never see their products, and too many dealers looking to offload defective merchandise on new buyers. With some plain steel reps now going for $1k you would think QC might improve, sadly not.

I've said this before - The facotirs that produce rpelicas are not solely used for the production of replicas. Many legitimate brands will be wholly or partly made in these factories. Buyers get flawed merchandise because there is no contract at stake. If these factories are selling all they make regardless of QC, then there is no incentive at all for them to address quality issues.

I sort of agree with the above post. I think with two of the largest dealers (Josh & Andrew) having a gateway through their respective websites, they aren't so reliant to advertise and promote their wares here. Also the watch guru's do have high expectations and the newbs just plain scare the [censored] out of them due to a rash of paypal complaints. Then there is the complainers that are never happy and just [censored] to [censored].

I do miss their input and occasional comments. I know that both Josh and Andrew are decent guys and certainly their intent isn't to screw anyone over. Any problems have always been handled fairly and honorable. And overall the problems have been minimal. I can live with some of the flaws, that's half the fun..to research, compare, more research, pine for the watch, more research, indecision, then buy. That's sort of how it goes. QC that's always an issue, not sure if that will ever be truely resolved.

What scares me more is the change and disguise of movements. It used to be asian or eta pretty easy, now eta isn't always ets, then there are copies etc. Now there is a lot of doubt of what's really in the watch, and maybe the dealers don't really know.

No matter how you see it ... things are slow ...here and on their respective sites too.

They only coming with some "old models" with some face lifting done like the new date mag on the PAM024 etc.

Nothing really new so far.

Dont believe that this is due to the dealers. The more new models they have , the more they sell.

I guess is due to production on factories. Is either slow or held.

ok, here's my take... with the recent paypal issues going around affecting most dealers... and this translate to losing almost 40% of sales volume (maybe its just me)

with lower profit margin, higher cost of operating and customers getting too demanding and lower sales volume.. i guess, things will be slow for now..

anyway, i am still posting some "new" old watch... :)

cheers

ok, here's my take... with the recent paypal issues going around affecting most dealers... and this translate to losing almost 40% of sales volume (maybe its just me)

I hate complaining people and for sure people that are going to PayPal to raise a dispute.

It hurts the entire community.

As a noob I can certainly call out other noobs doing so, even if not all of us are a**h****.

Maybe RWG fav dealers should simply avoid to do business with noobs for a while or only accept WU or whatever other safe mean as a pmt.

2 months ago I was prompt to post my "difficult experiences about cutoms and delivery"...

Today I do not even talk about it on RWG but email back and forth with my dealer.

I didn't even follow up after my meeting at customs. :black_eye:

In the only bad case I experienced so far my dealer and I found a solution to make both of us happy.

Cheers

Stephane

Today I do not even talk about it on RWG but email back and forth with my dealer.

I didn't even follow up after my meeting at customs. :black_eye:

In the only bad case I experienced so far my dealer and I found a solution to make both of us happy.

Cheers

Stephane

stephane, this i agree with you... nobody has "pefect" transaction all the time... is how the resolution and communication take please.. so to everyone...

please consider carefully when you intend to ask for a "refund" from your dealer.... we are here to do business and we certainly wouldnt want to risk a bad transaction for all the hundreds of good transaction in time to come...

cheers

please consider carefully when you intend to ask for a "refund" from your dealer.... we are here to do business and we certainly wouldnt want to risk a bad transaction for all the hundreds of good transaction in time to come...

I too agree: thinking dealers are here for anything else than business is stupid.

Can you establish a friendly relationship ? Sure ! Time passes and helps humans we are to know each other better and eventually aprreciate each other.

Ask full refund for illegal goods having "too much flaws" is even more stupid.

How accurate is accurate in the rep world ? Gen only are super super accurate :rolleyes:

The only situations that should be "negociated 50/50" to my opinion is loss in the mail or seized by customs.

The rest is obviously not very objective as a customer could not bother about that flaw where it's completely pissing off another customer.

The CG issues on the subs in example are a great example of flaws that everybody should be aware of before buying any of them.

We cannot call in a Judge :whistling: can't we ?

Cheers

Like Stephane I am a noobie to this site. I just placed an order for my third rep.

I purchased a YM and a noobmariner that I have received, and just ordered a J12.

I had an issue with the noobmariner and posted a question on the board. After several helpful replies from members, my dealer (TTK) responded to my POST and the issue is being resolves.

I hope I did nothing wrong by posting my question on the open forum, but I was unsure how to resolve quality issues. My honest question was professionally addressed, and is being resolved to my satisfaction.

Under no circumstances would report a transaction to the payment vendor until ALL other methods of resolution have been addressed, and most likely would NEVER report a prolem to a payment vendor unless I was dealing with a real jerk ... what is the price of a rep in the scheme of things ... all else fails, it is already broken, something I can work on to learn and not worry about.

Any future issues will be addressed in private with vendors, and I hope I have done nothing to add to dealer angst on the board by posting the question I linked. My experience here has been very positive thus far.

Each timepiece I have purchased I posted my experiences about, and try to use factual information to assist others like me in choosing their dealer, and I have yet to be dissapointed by any of ya'all this far. Thanks for the great place, folks.

This post was not about some sort of dealer review, what it has become now... I understand dealers have their own websites, but that wasn't any different a year ago and the trading board was full with posts of them. Could there be something else wrong?

Maybe all the complaining from the memebrs regarding shipping methods and then having those same people give out soo many details regarding dealer, country of origin, final destination and time frames has brought a degree of caution from our dealers. Not to mention what has already been mentioned we all know how to reach the current dealers even those who do not have their own sites, so having a dealer post new products or offers here and then on their own sites as wel..is twice the work.

The only logical reason for a dealer with a site to post a watch here, IMO is if there is some sort of special deal for RWG members or some special sale that we may want to take advanatage of.

But i'm a noob what do I know ^_^