When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 092 Arktos - New and Old model side by side

t

Hi

i received the new arktos and have make some pics from old and new model side by side

i see some differences between both models:

case: older case is more shiny... new one is more brushed (but bezel is different - more shiney as case)

bezel: new has bigger and thinner markers. Older bezel is more round and more shiney. Old model less clicks - new model 60 clicks

caseback: few differences... new one has serial number engraved, but the engraving on old caseback (globe) is closer to genuine

crown: new one has may 1mm thicker crown??? New crown fit tighter.

crownguard: new crownguard look closer to genuine, but the older one is BETTER quality and fit better. Old one is more round.

glass: new one looks better, but old one is also good.

AR: old model has no AR, new model may light AR... but not much improvement

date magnifier: new is MUCH better

thickness: old model looks 1mm thicker???

weight: old one weight 128g - new 135g

all in all is the new model better... best upgrade is the bezel with correct markers and the date magnifier. Glass is also nice... But this crown guard is HORRIBLE

Old model is also a good watch and if you are not a arktos enthusiast, you don

I have seen reviews of this new Pam, but this is the most useful one for me to date. It actually makes me feel better about the new version and its back on my want list. The cg issue can be modded, heck there usually is something to get a mod for anyways. Thanks again.

Hi

yes the new version is a great watch - all in all.

looks more valuable

but crown guard should overworked in future. And the engraving on caseback was better on old model (globe is closer to genuine)

after receiving of the new model - i don

I think the Arktos would be my favorite PAM but for one problem, it is not Destro! :(:thumbdown:

Anybody out there interested in a Destro Arktos? It is one of my current projects, let me know.

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

Hi

yes the new version is a great watch - all in all.

looks more valuable

but crown guard should overworked in future. And the engraving on caseback was better on old model (globe is closer to genuine)

after receiving of the new model - i don

I have seen reviews of this new Pam, but this is the most useful one for me to date. It actually makes me feel better about the new version and its back on my want list. The cg issue can be modded, heck there usually is something to get a mod for anyways. Thanks again.

Newbie here. How would one go about modding the CG? That is the only thing holding me back from a new Arktos. It's terrible! I can't imagine you can buy a (better) rep CG for the Arktos... so how would one mod it?

BTW, thanks for the great comparison review!

• 5 months later...

There is apparently a "transitional" model between these also..!!..

I recently acquired, from a member of another board, an 092, that has the folowing attributes: new style case, crown guards, bezel, and back(sort of, with the same graphics as the new one, MINUS the serial#!)

Also....it has the older, almost non existent AR, crummy magnifier, and IMNSHO,.. MORE reliable Asian 21j movement!!

(after my experiences over the past 2 yrs, ANYTHING called a "7750" scares the bejeezus out of me!!)

Overall, I'm quite happy with this configuration, since I'm too old to read the date anyhow, and, only @ 11 people on the planet know what a real Arktos looks like anyhow, and they'll never even get close a "peon" like me anyway!! ;) ;) ;)

Great comparison / review Tourby - I like my new one also - IMHO very close the Gen in many respects - except the loose bezel which needs fixing - any problems with yours ?

FGD

my bezel is also nice... but hey! This is my first 100% flawless rep after 20 watches :lol::lol::lol: