When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824 vs. 2892 date wheel diameter?

HauteHippie

Is the date wheel on the 2824 the same diameter as the one used on the 2892-2? I assume so since both movements are 11.5 ligne. Note: I'm not asking about compatibility, I'm just wondering why a genuine Seamaster dial's date window isn't lining up with my 2824's date wheel. Most likely I've got the wrong dial. Oh well took a gamble since it was so cheap..

I think you're right Rob. So I'm puzzled... If the Omega is using the 2892 in the SMP, I wonder how they get the datewheel to line up with a window that is too wide? I mean, I can see the spacer ring on my 2824 through the window of this dial, so it's not just a little off - too far off for an overlay I would think. My guess would have been that the wider dials would have the date windows adjusted further away from the dial edge, i.e. closer to the dial center for alignment (as is the case on the 42 vs. 45mm Planet Oceans)... Perhaps they're not using 2892s on the wider models.

Neither. It's this one:

218081-15198.jpg

That's not good, I just bought the same dial to put into my SMP with a 2824-2 movement. This would really bite since I just made the a rookie mistake of buying a SMP 2541 quartz dial for an other SMP project.

By the way chieftang, where did you find a good bezel insert for the 2255.80?

That's not good, I just bought the same dial to put into my SMP with a 2824-2 movement. This would really bite since I just made the a rookie mistake of buying a SMP 2541 quartz dial for an other SMP project.

By the way chieftang, where did you find a good bezel insert for the 2255.80?

The watch in my picture is genuine.

The watch in my picture is genuine.

I figured that, but I thought since you got the dial you might also have found a source for the bezel insert. I saw a few on the bay, but they looked marginal at best with the pearl way off.