When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My rather small collection

Award

I'm kind of new to collecting reps. Been reading in here and TRC for some time, and figured I'd show off my humble collection :). Just got 4 watches from Paul (YM, Nav, Pan and PO)

So here goes... You guys probably all know the different watches better than me, so no need to go into that!

217723-15253.jpg

There's the lot

217723-15254.jpg

The breitling and Pan seemed a bit small when I got them... wonder if I bought the girly versions? :)

217723-15255.jpg

Here comes the problem. As you can see on the Omega the lume some how has fallen off during shipping. I'm thinking it would be rather easy to fix it (I've done kind of the same on my sub), but I'm stuck getting the bracelet off... have to resize it as well... been searching all over the different subforums to find a solution to this, couldn't find anything (might be me that aren't searching the right way?)... and when the bracelet is off, how do I get the caseback off?

I hope you guys can help me!

/Award

You should be able to get the bracelet off with a small (jewelers type) screwdirver, it's held on with spring pins, if you don't have a tool to get the back off use balled up sticky tape (sticky side out).

Can I open the caseback with the same tool as the one for rolex+ The one I have is the rubber press and turn thing.

/Award

Here comes the problem. As you can see on the Omega the lume some how has fallen off during shipping. I'm thinking it would be rather easy to fix it (I've done kind of the same on my sub)

If you havent got any Rodico then all I can say is get some now perfect for re-locating the piece of loom, and a thin slow setting glue..

that is a nice collection

Well thank's :).. I'm trying to get sort of a mixed collection... but the Pan fever might have struck down on me :s

If you havent got any Rodico then all I can say is get some now perfect for re-locating the piece of loom, and a thin slow setting glue..

What exactly is a Rodico? :)

/Award

I see!

Well I hope you guys are allright with all these noob questions, since I'm rather new to this. I'm afraid my watches will suffer death when I get my hands on the tools I just ordered. The problem is that opening the watches and figuring out what makes them work, is getting a lot more interresting than collecting ;)

/Award

I see!

Well I hope you guys are allright with all these noob questions, since I'm rather new to this. I'm afraid my watches will suffer death when I get my hands on the tools I just ordered. The problem is that opening the watches and figuring out what makes them work, is getting a lot more interresting than collecting ;)

/Award

Oh yeah, I know that feeling.....prepare to break some movements and bend some hands! Let me suggest messing around with some cheap ebay or flee market automatics first before you touch your beloved reps. Putting things back together and having them work is mighty satisfying though! Good luck.