When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inge - Before & After Pics

subzero1

Just a couple of before and after pics of my Inge. I bought it from EL on the metal bracelet, and I liked it "OK", but it seemed a bit plain to me:

217862-15231.jpg

Part of the problem was the crystal was really reflective, and the texture on the dial tended to get washed out, causing the watch to lose some of it's character.

So, I sent off the crystal to get an AR coating on both sides (thanks chieftang!). In the meantime I ordered a nylon strap to try, figuring it would match and highlight the texture of the dial. And that's exactly what happened. Got the Crystal back yesterday, re-assembled everything, put on the new strap, and I really love the watch for the first time since I've owned it. The texture of the dial really "pops" in person, and it just has much more presence on the wrist now:

217862-15232.jpg

217862-15233.jpg

217862-15234.jpg

Unfortunately the pics don't quite capture the magnitude of the change, but the overall "feel" of the watch is now much, much closer to the gen.

I like the strap. I may have to order one. I do prefer the bracelet (because it's such a nice and well made bracelet compared to most reps), but the strap is a nice way to change things up.

I agree that the pics don't really capture the AR... pics never do though.

What he said. Damn, now I wish I had got AR for my Inge . . .