When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My next aquisition : a Vacheron Constantin

Pix

Hi all,

after my latest Patek I will continue with dressy watches. Surely back to the 100 dollars reps for this next purchase.

I have found 2 Vacheron Constantin, which both globally look quite accurate.

Problem, I love them both already, but need to choose only one of them.

I would be glad to hear some comments about what's wrong/right with them, as the accuracy may be the last point which will help me to decide. Feelings have already spoken and this time they're not enough to decide.

Here they are :

The "31 days retrograding calendar" (found in "Classical watches")

http://watchwindersworld.com/vc10028-compl...ver-p-1552.html

217863-15225.jpg

217863-15226.jpg

217863-15227.jpg

and

The "Retrograde Perpetual calendar" (found in "Grand Complications Watches")

http://watchwindersworld.com/vc10011-malte...dial-p-677.html

217863-15228.jpg

217863-15229.jpg

217863-15230.jpg

Do you think that all features on this could be working, with a simple 21J ?

BTW, both have a 21J, but none of them look like the one I'm used to see. Any remark ?

For sure, I'll get a croc or gator strap, so the supplied strap won't be the point to decide which one, as both have a very standard gator pattern strap. Not bad, not good.

Thx a lot in advance for your feedback.

Well I can't give you the mechanical opinion regarding the 21j movement, but as far as looks go, i like the simplicity of your first choice geneally the VC's are very classy IMO and not flashy, not to mention they are moslty under the 40mm mark so they hide away nicely under a long sleeve.

Edited by Rxus

I'm also interested in this kind of watches and was looking at watchsilix.

I wonder what's the difference in price, silix doesn't mention the movement, only says "Asian".

Both of your choices look very attractive to me :rolleyes:

I would go for the "Retrograde Perpetual calendar"

...about the working of the features, just ask Joshua, i guess.

PS: I bought my Patek from Narikaa. GREAT service! :rolleyes:

Edited by paulV

...but you can set the year manually by the pusher or something ? :huh:

Exactly. It's advance by one of the recessed pushers. Don't remember which one...

I watched it advance one night at midnight at the end of a month. Cool watching so many hands move in unison...

Killer watch for the $...

You guys don't help me ! I'm hesitating more than ever now ! :bangin:

@Stephane : where did you order it ? And what's the price ? I must say I'm not a SS bracelet fan, but I like this model pretty much too.

However it's gen pic you showed, how' s the rep ?

@Pug : I always thought I should keep my finger off the faux tourbi models, as I find they often look cheap. But yours very nice, again ! :g:

Is there any movement in this tourbillon ? At least something that make people think it's not here only for deco ?

@Robertk : your third one is one of the model I'm interested in, except it's gold. I have no gold in my collection yet. Where did you get it from ?

Thanks all for the feedback you gave. Still making up my mind.

You guys don't help me ! I'm hesitating more than ever now ! :bangin:

@Stephane : where did you order it ? And what's the price ? I must say I'm not a SS bracelet fan, but I like this model pretty much too.

However it's gen pic you showed, how' s the rep ?

@Pug : I always thought I should keep my finger off the faux tourbi models, as I find they often look cheap. But yours very nice, again ! :g:

Is there any movement in this tourbillon ? At least something that make people think it's not here only for deco ?

@Robertk : your third one is one of the model I'm interested in, except it's gold. I have no gold in my collection yet. Where did you get it from ?

Thanks all for the feedback you gave. Still making up my mind.

Try our usual sources. I bought it about a year or so ago. Hopefully, this model is still around. Narikaa probably knows.