When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my first rep 1665- 1:1 from ttg

ty7

ROLVIN003 - Rolex Vintage Sea-Dweller #1665 - Swiss ETA- ordering tomorrow now.....who wants to mod it for me? comments warnings about my selection?

link- http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=563

Wow!! 1:1. Are you sure this is not 1:1/2, or 1:2. Just kidding you TV. :bleh: This is way off from the real thing but it's fun to have one. There are a lot of good gen pics of this model arround. Search for those pics so you can compare what mod do you want.

I have found a gen bezel and spring, braclet, and t-39 crystal......what size crown and tube should i use.......need that stuff installed, also lugs and cg's.

Is it not 1:1? should i wait for mbr to mod?

I would suggest you read a bit more before you buy gen parts for this model. Most of the gen parts you mentioned will not fit on this watch.

Not me......I never supplied this.......and I never advised you regarding anything.......if you can't get your supplier right........how the hell you ever gonna get a watch right........go buy a quartz @ Wal Mart.......!

sorry, i type using onscreen keyboard - ttg is what I meant - trusty

great! now I have offended the only person who could get me a mbw 1665 white.......CRAP!

You can get MBW's from George. Use the search facility. You have to do much more of your own homework before parting with your cash. You got lucky by not getting the 1665 you were going to get. Don't ask me to tell you how to find George - don't forget these dealers are selling illegal goods, that is why people are tight lipped about who they give info to. Believe me he can be found. I think you need an MBW. Anything less will disappoint. Hope this is of some use.

I think you need an MBW. Anything less will disappoint. Hope this is of some use.

Just to head off another potential misunderstanding, the big selling point to MBWs (and similar) is that they are able to be fitted with genuine parts with little or no modification. These watches, while they are some of the more accurate reps available, are still not 'perfect', '1:1 or in any way an exact copy of the real thing. They are reasonably well built and can often accept many genuine parts, which makes them the best for modifiers to use as a starting off point. That is all.

I know it sounds like a cop out, but you will save yourself alot of headaches (and costly buying mistakes) if, before you buy anything, you select one specific watch model and learn as much as you can about the real thing. Go to a dealer and try watches on. See how they look and operate. Believe me, the time you spend learning about the genuine article will pay for itself when you start comparing reps. Even the best (unmodified) rep looks and feels different than the real thing. And the only way to know a good rep from a bad one (or which inaccuracies you can live with and which you cannot) is to know what the genuine article is like. Once you are familiar with the real thing, learn as much as you can about the dealers here, the variations of the models each dealer offers (in some cases, there may be a dozen or more different variations of the same watch model, each with different pluses and minuses (and a few with a mixture)). It is good to ask questions, but you need to educate yourself so you do not end up asking the same basic questions that have been asked and answered countless times before (answers for which are accessible by way of the Search).

Just to head off another potential misunderstanding, the big selling point to MBWs (and similar) is that they are able to be fitted with genuine parts with little or no modification. These watches, while they are some of the more accurate reps available, are still not 'perfect', '1:1 or in any way an exact copy of the real thing. They are reasonably well built and can often accept many genuine parts, which makes them the best for modifiers to use as a starting off point. That is all.

... but they really work well if you put the effort in. This is my 'MBW' 1665 Seadweller:

219139-14953.jpg

I've not done much to it apart from a genuine pearl, but I've got a genuine crystal and other parts to fit as soon as my 1680 Submariner project is finished. If you're patient, I could sell it to you once its finished and I'lls tart a new one for myself. :D