When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my PO defective?

wadan

Dear All ,

Thank you so much for your posts and help :)

I have an update :

After hand winding the watch , it runs great on the table and stops after 10 to 15 min on my wrist !!??? :blink::blink:

This is my first time to encounter anything like this ,

Do you think there is something lose inside the movement

thanks The Zigmeister so much for that intresting feed back , :)

I will talk again with the watch maker ,

what do you think can stop the movment when the watch moves , provided it runs great on the table , and there are no lose scrwes inside ? :(

Do you think I should ask the dealer to send me a new movement ?

thanks Ziggy so much for that intresting feed back , :)

I will talk again with the watch maker ,

what do you think can stop the movment when the watch moves , provided it runs great on the table , and there are no lose scrwes inside ? :(

Do you think I should ask the dealer to send me a new movement ?

There could be any number of reasons for this problem, including a loose or not cliped in balance cap jewel etc... or simply an old movement.

The lack of servicing on a movement means that things get all gummed up and sticky, the pallet stones and the escape wheel are really prone to this, and this could be part of, or the problem...

I think you need a second opinion, what I would want to see is the basics first, put the watch on an analyser, and let me know the readout and what it says. That will tell you immediatly what the problem is with the watch, balance wheels bent, are not the problem from what I can see, checking the movement readout is the first step any watchmaker should be doing when he gets a watch that has problems.

Just like putting your car on an analyser, and finding out you have a shorted plug wire, putting the watch on the analyser is the normal procedure. You dont' even have to open the case to do this check.

Here's what you should see (or a modern version of this), this is an analyser.

220550-14616.jpg

RG