When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Photos of undisputedly Swiss 2892-A2 in a rep?

crystalcranium

Does anyone have a photo of a replica watch in hand that has a genuine swiss ETA 2892-A2 in it????? I can't recall a single watch discussed here that's met this threshold. Will owners of special order watches that were guaranteed genuine 2892s share them with us. I need to have my dealer faith restored!!!

Actually, I think I just found one. Josh has apparently stopped selling the obviously phony $300 2892 Franck Mueller. All of his Conquistidor watches are 2824 powered except for the solid gold models. This shot of the movement inside looks like a real 2892-A2 and the price more than covers the cost of the movement.

220114-14682.jpg

maybe genuine 2892... but this blue screws aren

Actually, I think I just found one. Josh has apparently stopped selling the obviously phony $300 2892 Franck Mueller. All of his Conquistidor watches are 2824 powered except for the solid gold models. This shot of the movement inside looks like a real 2892-A2 and the price more than covers the cost of the movement.

220122-14676.jpg

All the Swiss ETA genuine 2892A2's have the blue screws on the autowinder bridge, which is the blue ones you see in this picture.

The Swiss ETA genuine 2824-2, 2836-2 also have blue screws on the autowinder bridges...a common practice with ETA movements.

That one certainly looks genuine, check the regulator pins, a removable pin, a la ETA...not riveted a la asian...

RG

As I posted in the other thread, many of the decorated Muller movements are Swiss, although in the past most were Asian. My guess is that when EL arranged for the decorated FM movements they did more than the 6 they needed for the group buy--that's probably what's in the few swiss 2892 reps currently being sold. The decorating is obviouslt done in China, but whether they use the ETA bridges and rotor or swap them out for already decorated asian parts I don't know.

I've had 2 verified swiss 2892 reps--both had blued screws. My asian 2892 copy, for some reason, has non-blued screws. Go figure.

Does anyone have a photo of a replica watch in hand that has a genuine swiss ETA 2892-A2 in it????? I can't recall a single watch discussed here that's met this threshold. Will owners of special order watches that were guaranteed genuine 2892s share them with us. I need to have my dealer faith restored!!!

I'd open up my PAM 27 but it would void Ziggy's service warranty...

Rob, can you comment on mine that you just serviced back in January? If not, I'll just have to crack it in June to have a look...

...curious as hell now...

cheers

I'd open up my PAM 27 but it would void Ziggy's service warranty...

Rob, can you comment on mine that you just serviced back in January? If not, I'll just have to crack it in June to have a look...

...curious as hell now...

cheers

January?

I can't recall what movement was in a watch I worked on last week... let alone 2 months ago...:)

If your letter stated that it had a ETA 2893-2, I would normally let you know if it did not have anything else in it.

RG

January?

I can't recall what movement was in a watch I worked on last week... let alone 2 months ago...:)

If your letter stated that it had a ETA 2893-2, I would normally let you know if it did not have anything else in it.

RG

Hi Rob...yup...old age here too...FWIW, My PAM27 has the 2892-A2 in it.

;-)

I found some pix over on ioffer of a 2892-A2 movement...221563-14329.jpg ...see if that helps.

cheers