When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer or Evolution?

~oM~

Hi im new to this forum and stuck between navitimer or evolution....Okay first of all im in loveeeeeeeee with the navitimer the 42 mm looks really good on my wrist....but i have heard soo many bad reviews regardin this model.....that this specific model doesnt look very promising in breitling....alot of ppl have told me that the rep model for this watch can be easily detected as a replica.....im talkin about the look wise....cuz i want a breitling which looks completely undetectable as a rep....cuz i might not use the chronos of navitimer i just love the look of it and i will only use it for lookin time and date....so if it works fine with TIME AND DATE....i really have no problem with navitimer(black face,42mm, steel braclet) im sure allot of u have this watch...wat do u guys think about this watch....is it very close to the original or its just not wat u expected......pls be honest ....now the asian 7750 movment on this watch have had issues with alot of memebers....is it true...or its just a gamble some might be satsified and some might be unlucky to have the bad egg....

As with the evolution i honestly dun like the look of it...but i have been told that this is the best model replicated in breitlings it is sooooooo good that its almost impossible to detect weather it is rep or gen....now it comes with 2 movments swiss and asian valjoux....now swiss is 700$ :'( that is tooooo expensive man....i mean imo dat is way to much money to spend on BREITLING REPLICAS ..... pls tell correct me if im wrong but the asian movment on this watch is also workin just fine right?? I havent had bad reviews about this watch in asian movment....NOW LOOKS WISE DOES THE SWISS MOVMENT EVEN LOOK BETTER THAN ASIAN...or they both look exactly same and classy its just diff movments.....cuz if dats the issue no point of spending 700$ for swiss movment .....i mean its a breitling not a BREGUET hehehe if i was gettin a BREGUET fake yes i would spend 700$ cuz IMO dat is the classsiest and finest watch in the world.....

wow....that was quite a rant.

i have a navitimer and am happy with this watch (and haven't had any movement issues). if you are really concerned with movement issues, i would suggest a series speciale seconds at 9 navitimer (note however that the cases on these apparently should be brushed, not polished).

my biggest suggestion to you would be to go to a breitling AD and look at gen navitimers so you know what they look like in person, on your wrist. study the minor details (subdials, rotating bezel ring, etc) and then look at all the pictures on here of navitimers and see if you think you would be happy with the rep. some people just won't ever be happy with reps; it is important to have realistic expectations -- remember these watches are being put together in china with (in most cases) very little quality control.

hope this helps,

deltatahoe

BREITLING AD? sorry bro im still learning the short forms....hehehe the one i liked was from eddie and andrew...they both have this model its the navitimer with 6-9-12 position chorno...i duno if i said it right ....but the date is on 3 position....hope u got wat im saying....now i compared both of the pics and they both look almost idenctical ANDREWS and EDDIE's the only difference is that i never bought anythin from either one of em....but im sure they both are very reliable....pls wat do u all suggest....cuz if i go with evo chrom ill go it later on after couple of months with leather braclet....not now...i got my eyes on navitimer.....hehe

for everyone's benefit, here is a PM ~oM~ sent me and my response.....

have u ever tried EDDIE...or ANDREW....i saw one at andrew where chrono was at 6 i think those gives problems...so eddie has this one check it out pls i think this chrono is at 9....not really know awt im talkin about though may be u could look and lemme know wat u think...

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...12622381070.jpg

Honestly i loveeeeee it..i might get it in steel bracelt with spare leather strap.....but i love the black face and CHRONO DIALS on this one are in diff positions....and i like this one more than the one in bottom dials which is 6 position if im wrong.....so this one looks really hot....but i have never got anythin from edidie....but i heard he is goood.....and pls check out this mini bently from eddie also....now i duno how mini it is cuz orig comes in 47mm which is a bit heavy for mee....so if this mini bently is 42 its gona be cool.....pls check it out

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...nt=P6256991.jpg

Now wat u said regarding polishing or scrubbin the braclet wat does dat mean bro...didnt quite understand that....pls help me with that....THANKXXXXXXXXXXX pls dun get mad about my questions its just gona help me choose my best watch....which is appreciated by moi ;)

my response:

the series special navitimer (the subdials at 12, 9 and 6) should have a brushed case, similar to this watch that joshua sells. if you look at the those picures compared to the picture you attached previously [url="http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300thomas/BREITLING%20GALLERGY/NAVITIMER/?action=view

I think you are in a mistake.

Navitimer "serie Speciale" has no more, no less flaws than Evo's.

Both would be spotted by an expert as fakes, and both would look as an original by 99% of people even holding them at hands.

If decide for Evo, the watch is exactly the same, so only the movement is different, and probably the difference in price is worth to take the swiss. The chinese movement is very nice... sometimes, but some others may last just a couple of weeks if you are not lucky.

Some dealers can suply you one with swiss movement for quite less than $700, but that you may find by yourself with a little research.

you're right -- the series speciale navitimer with seconds at 9 shouldn't be shiny (polished). it is possible to brush a polished case and/or bracelet, but you need the necessary tools. i would go and talk to your watchmaker and see if they would be willing to do the work for you -- they should have the right tools.

so to answer your other question, yes -- if you can find someone to do it for you -- you can get the polished version that you are looking at from andrew or eddie and have your watchmaker brush the case.

good luck....

deltatahoe

Right here is my input............

Breitling Chronomat white dial, is quite possibly the best replica that has been produced so far. The two flaws being the dial font is not quite as thick as the genuine, and the lume isn't as bright. It really is that good. You would only know it's a repp if you knew to look for those two specific things. If you want a fairly 'blingy' watch, go for the white dial on a bracelet. If you want to tone it down a bit, buy a brown strap with it, and it converts it into one of the most classy watches I have seen.

On the other hand, the Navitimer is in my opinion one of the best looking dress watches when on a leather strap, and also one of the best looking sports watches on a strap (I am biased, I like Breitling's haha) If you want an accurate one, buy the serie speciale with black dial. Get the chrono hands coloured black, replace the date wheel with an ETA one (it will improve the look of the font slightly) and send the crystal for an Anti Reflective (AR) coating (the purple hue and what makes the crystal disappear)

I can't advise on which one to go for,as I have both and couldn't choose between them. However, for out of the box accuracy, the Breitling Chronomat wins everytime.

Breitling Chronomat white dial, is quite possibly the best replica that has been produced so far. The two flaws being the dial font is not quite as thick as the genuine, and the lume isn't as bright. It really is that good. You would only know it's a repp if you knew to look for those two specific things. If you want a fairly 'blingy' watch, go for the white dial on a bracelet. If you want to tone it down a bit, buy a brown strap with it, and it converts it into one of the most classy watches I have seen.

On the other hand, the Navitimer is in my opinion one of the best looking dress watches when on a leather strap, and also one of the best looking sports watches on a strap (I am biased, I like Breitling's haha) If you want an accurate one, buy the serie speciale with black dial. Get the chrono hands coloured black, replace the date wheel with an ETA one (it will improve the look of the font slightly) and send the crystal for an Anti Reflective (AR) coating (the purple hue and what makes the crystal disappear)

I can't advise on which one to go for,as I have both and couldn't choose between them. However, for out of the box accuracy, the Breitling Chronomat wins everytime.

Nice reply bro hmmm wel i have to ask andrew and eddie if they can do with the navitimer 9 dat i want on the website it says sapphire not ar coating...but if i ask him he might be able to do it i duno yet....but i duno wat u meant with the date wheel with an eta...but ill ask him about this aswell....lets c wat they both say.....But bro i want the one with white dials and black face and steel braclet...i duno i kinda like dat one more ;)....and ill get the leather strap with it aswell....cuz i agree with u breitling with leather strap looks more formal and with braclet it looks more casual...so i can have both :)

Nice reply bro hmmm wel i have to ask andrew and eddie if they can do with the navitimer 9 dat i want on the website it says sapphire not ar coating...but if i ask him he might be able to do it i duno yet....but i duno wat u meant with the date wheel with an eta...but ill ask him about this aswell....lets c wat they both say.....But bro i want the one with white dials and black face and steel braclet...i duno i kinda like dat one more ;)....and ill get the leather strap with it aswell....cuz i agree with u breitling with leather strap looks more formal and with braclet it looks more casual...so i can have both :)

They probably won't be able to offer the date wheel or AR coating. See the Watch Repair and upgrade section. There is an AR coating run going ahead soon hopefully. The ETA datewheel can be sourced from a company called ofrei as far as I know for about

Thankx bro....but u know wat...i might live with the date wheel they are providing me ....but AR coating is a must for me....btw wat does AR stand for? and i hope i could get it done here by any watchman....or may be if i take it to the AD dealers :D

LOL GREAT....im sure learnin alot :) i guess dat can be done by the dealers or any watchman....or is it too complicated ;) LOL

my main issue would be to brush the braclet and make it look real sick like orginal.....dats somethin i would have to deal with....but i have emailed andrew lets c wat he says...i hope he could brush it for me....:)

LOL i know i was just takin a mick....daaaaaaaaaaamn dat rolex is blinggggggggggggggg bro...only wo-mart has it or some other dealer aswel....i duno some bloke on other forum was up on him....couple of em actually....they said he is not very trusty....i duno anythin personally so these are not my views.....but this is sickkkkkkk....i wish i could get it diamonds just on bezel and in dial....leave the braclet alone ;)

BTW i have never came across any good JACOB&co.....they all are quartz....and duno about the quality....but i saw one with the KING and i kinda liked it....so may be next month ill get it....with diamond bezel of course...and mother of pearl dial.....:)

b16a2,

i agree! the black dial serie speciale is a gorgeous watch.i painted the subdial hands black and am going to partake in the next AR run.i tried to get my watchsmith to replace the date wheel from a quartz navi i have but he wouldnt do it :wounded1:

some pics...

220793-14539.jpg

220793-14540.jpg

From da way dat you talk though bro I would have fought dat you would prefer somfink like dis...

220807-14536.jpg

220807-14537.jpg

or dis...

220807-14538.jpg

LOL...that's just what I was thinking and was about to post until you did it for me. Having said that, this guy is probably a 55 year old English professor living in Oxford and smoking a pipe.