When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does one get a response from TTK?

thatgrip

So, I've been attempting to buy a watch (or two) from Neil for a couple of months now. Once I got the protocol straight on what to include in emails to him, I emailed on a few occasions spaced apart by a week or so each. Then I waited a month + and tried again. No response, nada. What the f*(k? I'm a good guy; I love my wife and kids; I don't go on boards and screw with people. And I got a moneybookers account and included the fact in my last email, so as to indicate my level of seriousness. Assuming I've followed the rules, why can't I buy a watch or at least get an fyi email regarding same?

Please, before you respond, I don't want this thread to turn into a [censored] and moan session about TTK. Having read a good deal on the board, I am painfully aware the man has defenders like lap dogs and detractors with translucent skins. I don't give a rats ass about how great or what a POS he is. I want honest discourse. I've meted out respect and deserve the same.

Chris

I don't want this thread to turn into a [censored] and moan session about TTK.

Uh... Too late? Just kidding New Guy; here's your answer:

That's just Neil. He's kind of like a tornado, lightning, or the lottery. He may quite simply never answer your emails. That's just the way it goes. I've bought from him without issue, and I have also been occasionally completely ignored. You've got to sort of get into a 'Zen-thing' with Neil; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. People get into trouble with TTK when they actually expect something other than a watch they've purchased (which in my experience he delivers without fail). Keep trying, don't obsess, find other watches from other dealers, and if he gets in touch, great; you'll get a fantastic watch. If not, don't take it personally - it's not you or anything about you.

Hope that helps.

Uh... Too late? Just kidding New Guy; here's your answer:

That's just Neil. He's kind of like a tornado, lightning, or the lottery. He may quite simply never answer your emails. That's just the way it goes. I've bought from him without issue, and I have also been occasionally completely ignored. You've got to sort of get into a 'Zen-thing' with Neil; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. People get into trouble with TTK when they actually expect something other than a watch they've purchased (which in my experience he delivers without fail). Keep trying, don't obsess, find other watches from other dealers, and if he gets in touch, great; you'll get a fantastic watch. If not, don't take it personally - it's not you or anything about you.

Hope that helps.

Excellent advice. I'd prefer to deal with Neil as he obviously walks the walk as a dealer. I was actually contemplating attempting to shoot him cash through moneybookers to get his attention. If I included the watch # in a message attached to the money, perhaps a month hence the guy in the FEDEX/UPS/DHL truck would spring at me with a package that smells like Bangkok and Scotch. Anyway, I guess Zen it is. I'll begin by centering my chakra.

Thanks.

So, I've been attempting to buy a watch (or two) from Neil for a couple of months now. Once I got the protocol straight on what to include in emails to him, I emailed on a few occasions spaced apart by a week or so each. Then I waited a month + and tried again. No response, nada. What the f*(k? I'm a good guy; I love my wife and kids; I don't go on boards and screw with people. And I got a moneybookers account and included the fact in my last email, so as to indicate my level of seriousness. Assuming I've followed the rules, why can't I buy a watch or at least get an fyi email regarding same?

Please, before you respond, I don't want this thread to turn into a [censored] and moan session about TTK. Having read a good deal on the board, I am painfully aware the man has defenders like lap dogs and detractors with translucent skins. I don't give a rats ass about how great or what a POS he is. I want honest discourse. I've meted out respect and deserve the same.

Chris

He's been rather ill lately. He's just getting back on his feet. No point in me, or, anyone else who knows him, going into details on it. Cut him some slack for the time being.

@thatgrip......it's not you......it's me......:D

Give me a clue as to the cotent of your mail......I've just finished answering about 120 e-mails this morning.......sometimes.....you're just at the back of a queue......but I usually get around to them all.....please also bear in mind that because of my condition...( diabetes )....some days my motor will sputter and not start....( people who have diabetes will know what I mean by that )........it makes life difficult.....fortunately they are only watches...and nobody loses a limb f you don't get an answer.....:D

.....fortunately they are only watches...and nobody loses a limb f you don't get an answer.....:D

Oops, sorry to hear Neil. Sincerely you will get better.

When that is, can you post an update for your buddies of the group buy ? Some of us are getting too nervous about that buy.

It would be a good idea to cool down the thread.

Cheers

Stephane

@thatgrip......it's not you......it's me......:D

Give me a clue as to the cotent of your mail......I've just finished answering about 120 e-mails this morning.......sometimes.....you're just at the back of a queue......but I usually get around to them all.....please also bear in mind that because of my condition...( diabetes )....some days my motor will sputter and not start....( people who have diabetes will know what I mean by that )........it makes life difficult.....fortunately they are only watches...and nobody loses a limb f you don't get an answer.....:D

You have warned many folks that your box is always full and that life is not merely selling watches. Since I don't need to be coddled by a large breasted woman and told the watch I want makes me super awesome, your methods are just fine. I wasn't actually fishing for a response from you but rather trying to figure out from those in the know how often to email, etc so as not to [censored] you off. I'd rather get a watch at some indeterminate point down the line from someone whose reputation is righteous than anything else.

Anyway, the watches I dig are the 200 and 74 (black, yes?). I'm wondering about cost. Beyond that I'll pack the moneybookers account with wampum and send it to Thailand. Thanks for the response and perspective. Your diabetes is, say, about 5 million times more important than my watch purchase.

Should I email you again with a specific subject line which you'll recognize, so as not to give my address out to the rest of the freaks on this board?

Thankfully,

ThatGrip

My understanding is that Neil uses inbox rules to sort his mail, so your subject line should contain only Neil's stock number (ie 200). If not, his inbox rules may dump your email to trash. May sound a bit harsh, but being someone that deals with a lot of rules and crap email daily myself, I totally understand his method.

-Joe

You have warned many folks that your box is always full and that life is not merely selling watches. Since I don't need to be coddled by a large breasted woman and told the watch I want makes me super awesome, your methods are just fine. I wasn't actually fishing for a response from you but rather trying to figure out from those in the know how often to email, etc so as not to [censored] you off. I'd rather get a watch at some indeterminate point down the line from someone whose reputation is righteous than anything else.

Anyway, the watches I dig are the 200 and 74 (black, yes?). I'm wondering about cost. Beyond that I'll pack the moneybookers account with wampum and send it to Thailand. Thanks for the response and perspective. Your diabetes is, say, about 5 million times more important than my watch purchase.

Should I email you again with a specific subject line which you'll recognize, so as not to give my address out to the rest of the freaks on this board?

Thankfully,

ThatGrip