When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - Omego PO Ultimate Question!

Marco0355

Ok...so I ordered my Omega Ultimate PO from Trusty. The first piece I received had the 3, 6, 9 & 12 markers crooked, dust under the crystal and a scratch on the bezel. Andrew told me to send the piece back. I sent it back and yesterday my new piece arrived. This piece is absolutely perfect...I would have thought it was the real deal...EXCEPT for the Omega Logo....it's at an angle! And it looks quite obvious....even my wife pointed it out. So the question is, what do I do? Send it back and wait again...and hope the next piece is better? Or live with this...knowing it will bother me and make me feel taht others are noticing it? I need your feedback! I've included pics.....depending on the angle your looking at it, it looks very off.

221664-14296.jpg

221664-14297.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Marco

Actually, if you've done some searching, you'd might come across By-Tor's review of these PO's. The crooked logo is one of the "potential" flaws that occur with this model. Some have it, some don't, and some can just live with it.

All the reps have some sort of flaw, some more glaring than most.

Yeah, it's obvious when you look at it. Bad luck and it sucks to have to send it back again.

I agree with r11co - see if you can get a new dial. This should be an easy change or take it to a local watch repair shop. But before contacting Trusty check the following: Is the perl cocked? Does the He valve turn (loose) - should be tight. Does the crown screw on and off cleanly? There have been a lot of quality issues with this model. It is great watch when everythign works.

Usil

I wouldn't tempt fate too often by shipping the watch back and forth across continents. The watch seems perfect with the exception of a minor detail specially if the crown/tube arrived in good working order.

Order a replacement dial and perhaps it is better or perhaps not. I would send the watch to one of our dial experts, have the logo straightened and the dial and hands lumed....check vaccuum's post on this. The dial and hands look fantastic after they were re-lumed. The hour markers can also be checked to make sure they are securely attatched as they have a tendancy to fall off.

Nice PO!

**UPDATE**

As a testament to Andrew(Trusty's) customer service, he is sending me a new dail for my watch!

I don't have any experience working on timepieces, so I'm not confident on doing the work myself. Can you someone recommend a watchmaker in Canada or the US that I can send the piece to? I'd like to have the dial replaced, watch checked and the lum re-done.

Thanks for your feedback,

Marco

**UPDATE**

As a testament to Andrew(Trusty's) customer service, he is sending me a new dail for my watch!

I don't have any experience working on timepieces, so I'm not confident on doing the work myself. Can you someone recommend a watchmaker in Canada or the US that I can send the piece to? I'd like to have the dial replaced, watch checked and the lum re-done.

Thanks for your feedback,

Marco

One name springs to mind :D The Zigmeisterzumba! B)

He can do the lot just check out his profile.

Edited by RichBlack

@Marco....when my u.PO arrived back in Feb, I got the same problem like you. You can get more details from my "review"

Since you already contact The Zigmeister, if you are in US (especially east coast) I would recommend you contact Marrickvilleboy for a quick fix.

Can you someone recommend a watchmaker in Canada or the US that I can send the piece to? I'd like to have the dial replaced, watch checked and the lum re-done.

Don't forget about Vacumm... his work is also top notch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But if your in Canada already... The Zigmeister is prolly the easiest option for you.