When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this the Newest Version BCE?

rogerthat

Waiting on this to arrive...

BCE ; Slate Gray Dial with white "automatic" text

My concern:

this is the photo sent to me of the watch, now a few days later I noticed most of the date font shots from the new ulitmate BCE

on other member's reviews have straight sticks for 1 not the sarif type 1 that seems to be shown in this image.

What do you think, please advise?

I am likely just paniked as I wait for this new toy ; but I did buy with the understanding this was the newest version BCE.

Cheers,

M

post-3702-1174713665_thumb.jpg

Yes that the predecessor to the Ultimate. A good watch, but not the Ultimate one you are looking for. Below is the ultimate.... and a way of telling

224165-13642.jpg

A quick way to tell is on the top sub dial. You see the number 10, directly after that is a mark, whereas on the predecessor there is no marker there. And the lack of AR. The two ways I use to distinguish the two, there are more, but they're the most obvious for me.

Edited by b16a2

Hasn't anyone told you it's been discovered that the movement in this watch, the old version and the new 'ultimate' is actually a miniature mouse running around on a miniature wheel, and the lume is controlled by 12 miniature mice holding miniature candles (not sure how they did the hands).

Hasn't anyone told you it's been discovered that the movement in this watch, the old version and the new 'ultimate' is actually a miniature mouse running around on a miniature wheel, and the lume is controlled by 12 miniature mice holding miniature candles (not sure how they did the hands).

See that's what edge was talking about!

heres my email per trevor from RWI..

Thank you very much for your email

Yes,this is the latest , ultimate version of the watch

that is the same with the watch i am selling

Yes i can other face colors,could you tell me which colors dail do you need ?

I can get the BCE with that strap

Thank you very much

white lies?????

Yes that the predecessor to the Ultimate. A good watch, but not the Ultimate one you are looking for. Below is the ultimate.... and a way of telling

224267-13633.jpg

A quick way to tell is on the top sub dial. You see the number 10, directly after that is a mark, whereas on the predecessor there is no marker there. And the lack of AR. The two ways I use to distinguish the two, there are more, but they're the most obvious for me.

thanks man. i really appreciate the knowledge. we gotta stick together..in lieu of the current state of things

From what I've read, Trevor seems to be trying hard to establish a good reputation, but I understand that his knowledge of watches, movements and rep flaws is somewhat limited.

he should be taking this opportunity to promote a fair business. he will surely gain market share here.

i let him know politely when i emailed him back..

i am still interested in some of his wares.

but really, even if he is a novice at movements, or watches in general, dont you think he would KNOW the difference between hes watch and the ultimate ? (it is SO clearly stated by his email) i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for this time only. hopefully he can realize his mistake and we can move on.

Sorry to say, I don't think he knows the "tells" to look for between versions. He had a vintage Daytona for sale on the other forum, called it Lemania, but in reality it had the old asian 7750. Not very confidence inspiring I'm afraid.

So even if he doesnt know...he gets these watches from SOMEWHERE..and he then just blindly lists them as "ultimates"??

the same ones as josh, andrews..???

if he is really that clueless, he might have to get out of the rep game.

regardless, he gets a chance to respond and clear his name.

Sorry to say, I don't think he knows the "tells" to look for between versions. He had a vintage Daytona for sale on the other forum, called it Lemania, but in reality it had the old asian 7750. Not very confidence inspiring I'm afraid.
Edited by fakie360

I cannot comment on Trevor's.

But I received Ruby's and it is definitely the Ulitmate version, very strong AR present.

Looks perfect, not crazy about the new leather strap though.

I bought the watch with bracelet for $259 I believe and then another $20 for a extra black strap.

These are delivered prices via EMS.

I already had a Bob strap and will likely use that instead and just take the tang buckle from the new strap.

For now it will likely stay on the bracelet though....

I may provide a review with photos, just need to find the time, let me know if anyone is interesting in reading more.

Cheers,

M

Good for you, mreynolds!

That's a fair price for one with new asian 7750.

Ruby is now added to my preferred dealers list. I'm making a few adjustments, if you know what I mean.

I was under the impression that the font (on all versions including ultimate) are sticks? I brought this up to josh, who I've bought plenty of reps thru....

Question: any chance of the EVO getting a more accurate date wheel (better 1s, 6s, and 8s?

Exact Answer: No, Current rep is great enough... joshua

Two things it seems to lack.... and only to use picky sob's is the font and the laser etched #s on the bezel. Laser is much more defined on the gen.

I am dying to get one.