When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Migauss

andreww

I love a watch with a story, and this Rolex Milgauss has plenty of them!

222904-13990.jpg

222904-13991.jpg

Firstly, this watch was one of two watches kindly donated by TwoTone from his own collection during RWG's first birthday celebration. I won for my essay "What does RWG mean to me" (see below)

What does RWG mean to me?

That is a very difficult question as RWG is many things to me. Not only is it my Resource Centre for anything pertaining to replica watches, its so much more.

Its my Shopping Mall. Many hours are spent perusing the dealers section, dreaming of what my next purchase will be. I truly spend more time in our little

:) Andreww-

Just for a bit of background on the watch (more specifically, the dial)...

This was originally a 1019 Mil from EL (with the black dial). I had commissioned the dial that's on the watch currently from CWP- I had specified vertical brushing, but for some reason, they did radial/sunburst instead. The markers are a bit short, but overall it's still a very neat dial.

I still have the original matte black dial in one of my parts boxes... If you want it, I can send it your way (when I find it).

:) Andreww-

Just for a bit of background on the watch (more specifically, the dial)...

This was originally a 1019 Mil from EL (with the black dial). I had commissioned the dial that's on the watch currently from CWP- I had specified vertical brushing, but for some reason, they did radial/sunburst instead. The markers are a bit short, but overall it's still a very neat dial.

I still have the original matte black dial in one of my parts boxes... If you want it, I can send it your way (when I find it).

Thanks Ubi, that really clears things up. I think I'll stick with the silver dial, it really has a vintage look to it. I think the black dial would make the watch look too new.