When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hypnotherapy

richard_uk

Has anyone here ever tried hypnotherapy, I'm considering it to help me quit smoking, I've tried several times over the years to quit and I allways fail, even though I know it's killing me I still can't quit :( I've searched the internet for reviews on hypnotherapy for smoking but all I can find are sites that are linked to hypnotherapists, and of course they all say it works, I'd love to hear some unbiased opinions.

the vast majority of what goes on in the mind is unconscious, if you can access that, IMO you can make some major changes. The real problem is finding a method that can actually access this,,,,the bad news is that too many people have a money first philosophy and you never know....

Have you tried Allen Carr's "Easyway" method? I know a few people who read his book and gave up straight away.

Yes, but it only works once. If you fall off the wagon, you need a different method for the second try.

Oh, and Allen Carr died of Irony.

Have you tried Allen Carr's "Easyway" method? I know a few people who read his book and gave up straight away.

Thanks for the headsup, I did some reading and it seems to be an effective method, just bought his book in pdf format from ebay for 99p :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P.S. As soon as I get it I'll upload it and add a link for anyone that wants a copy.

Richard,

I wish you the best in your efforts. I am going to give up chewing tomorrow. A friend of mine went to a hypnotist after smoking for nine years. He never smoked after that...ate like hell though :lol: Good luck.

I am going to give up chewing tomorrow. A friend of mine went to a hypnotist after smoking for nine years. He never smoked after that...ate like hell though :lol: Good luck.

Addictions are really a mystery; they are both the easiest and most difficult things a human will ever deal with. Whenever I get a chance to talk to clinical psychologists, I always ask