When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where have I been

Finepics

I did catch up with Mark yesterday and he is on the road recovery. Beyond a horrific virus he injured his back pretty badly and has been layed up in bed with a slipped disk unable to sit for quite a while. We all wish him a speedy recovery.

Well, if he's slipped a disc and can't sit up for prolonged periods he ain't going to be fixing any watches for a while. Even though he's got a small job to do for me I certainly ain't going to hassle him about it...

I'd imagine that if he's hurt his back then he probably won't be working too much so I think it's acceptable for him to put himself out and stick a watch on eBay to try and get some money in...

From my small experience with him, I've spoken on the phone a couple of times, he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke. I doubt he's deliberatly pissing people off...

Just my tuppence worth like...

@ Markus-I agree that it is his right to do what he wishes. But when you fail to reply to emails from members who have sent both money and watches in good faith and then we see a solid history of purchases using the internet I have a problem. I believe he has had a bad run thus far in his personal life. But, to continue to ditch emails from members is wrong. Again, Mark please respond! We just ask to be treated fairly.

@ Markus-I agree that it is his right to do what he wishes. But when you fail to reply to emails from members who have sent both money and watches in good faith and then we see a solid history of purchases using the internet I have a problem. I believe he has had a bad run thus far in his personal life. But, to continue to ditch emails from members is wrong. Again, Mark please respond! We just ask to be treated fairly.

I posted in this tread earlier. I really have no intention to rubbish anyone, and also having spoken to Finepics once, found him to be a really nice 'bloke' on the phone.

I have 3 articles with Finepics for minor work since nearly 3 months. I guess a lot less than many others. However the lack of ability to get any communication from him (e.mails not returned, PM box full) is very concerning now.

I guess he's had a bad run and is overwhelmed with pending things to do.

I just hope the situation gets better soon and that I see my items back with the work done.

Has anyone received any work back from Finepics in the last couple of weeks or so ?

Has anyone been able to speak to him personally ?

I did speak with him. Yes, that is his listing on Ebay. If he is selling his pride and joy which he has invested so much time into, that should tell you something. He is having a difficult time. Next time I speak with him I will ask him to respond to some of the emails. I am not going to defend him on everyone's complaints as I don't (nor do I want to) know the gory details. I do know that he is in a fair amount of pain and as such he has not been able to sit to do watch work. In the past he has always made good as best he can. I am hopeful he will do so now as well.

He also has a cold that is going around here at the moment. I've struggled with it this week myself, and missed 5-a-side soccer today because of it :(

Hope I'll be ok for the tournament on Saturday!

Give finepics a little slack, he's still recovering from everything that's gone on in his life. I have a feeling he may be sick of it all and just stop modding after he's done with anything outstanding. :black_eye:

I guess we all have to come back to the real world.

I'm just a casual observer, have nothing against Finepics, and have never done business with him. However, it would seem to me that somebody who has the time and energy to type out an auction description should equally have the time and energy to type out a few reply PMs to provide some assurance to those who have sent him their watches.