When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK so here it is - The Poll

Edge

What should we do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see happen?

• Create a Dealers Scam Section
    • Suspend their Dealer priviledges and Stop outside linking to their sites
    • Ban them all
    • Nothing, sit idly by in our contented little bubble
    • Other - Explain in thread...

I'm not much in favor of retroactive application of newly proscribed rules. I think a "probation" period would be more appropriate, with clearly delineated rules which would become mandatory for all dealers to follow within a reasonable period of time. If they refuse or fail to comply with these rules, they would face indefinite suspension until they are willing to do so.

I like many of Edge's suggestions regarding clear, accurate descriptions and photographs. Regarding the partnership of Andrew, Josh, and the others, I don't think we have any right to require their dissolution. The "cartel' theory is probably a bit overblown from what I can discern from what has been written. How can a cartel work if only a few dealers are involved?

I do, however, understand the concern about the alleged price-fixing among the four dealers. By the same token, before we can justifiably do something about it, I believe there must be more compelling evidence shown that indeed their pricing policies, to the extent they are "fixed", are unreasonably inflated compared to those offered by their competitors who provide qualitatively comparable watches and service.

Personally, other than deliberate misrepresentations or omissions, my biggest issue with most of the dealers is the lack of effective quality control. I have had defective watches sold to me by several dealers here. To their credit, they all offered a replacement. To me, however, it would make far more business sense for a dealer (and it would certainly promote goodwill among their customers) to take steps to prevent the problem in the first place.

My 2 cents.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will just answer some of you comments cut from your entire message below.

"Sorry Mr Nixon.....did I fall asleep during your lecture.......ahh.....I'm up to speed.......so let's discuss your lack of comprehension....!"

Are you sure it was not your own rather rude lecturing of other members (Giormani et al) in previous posts making you tired? It is often more tireng to lecture than to listen/read.

"So what was it that YOU were saying that was constructive or of general interest........help me out here.....hit me over the head with a wet fish and call me Nancy......but I am sure I saw a mediocrity post something mediocre.....and of course...I...being the patron Saint of Mediocrities....feel inclined to step in and assist you.....!"

If I just skip the nonsense (ie 80% of it), I was supporting a way of exchanging views here at the forum, which I think is important although you obviously dont share that view. Further, I thought you are speaking to the entire forum by posting something here, and I also happen to be a forum member reading your messages.

"Now you've caused me to take this very serious thread and turn it into something else.......so let's take it just one step further...do you want me to show you me being a reallly RUDE boy......if not then the best advice I cah give you has to do with sex and travel.....!"

I think ther entire forum is already perfectly aware of your lack of manner and ability of being rude, so that is no news. We have seen how you have been blocked from here becuase of your behaviour and also entire threads have been discussing what is "wrong with" (as the title was) you. That is why me and probably alot of other forum members would not dream of buying stuff from someone who does not even not the very basics of how to behave. Just fyi, normaly people dont brag about how rude they can be, instead they try to behave.

And with this answer, I'm not going to lower myself to the level of getting into any further discussions on this topic. There are simply more enjoyable things to do that than that.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz........ -_-

My first comment was directed at Nebakanezar......who was trolling.....with his comment to the OP.....calling him a whiny [censored].....now I see that you did not find fault with his comment...despiet the fact that it was extremely rude.......but you did with mine.....which leads me to the conclusion that you probably fancy me....( going by some of your other oh so perky posts in topics where I've commented ).....well you can't have me.....but you can have a part of me...unfortunatley it won't be the part that causes you to wake up in cold sweats at the very thought of it....I'm not that way inclined.....!

My second comment was directed at Giormani.....who confessed that he didn't read the topic....but was inclined to voice an ignorant opinion.....this is a serious topic...and if one is going to be constructive in either criticism or praise regarding it....then it should be expected that you acquaint yourself with the subject before opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble........that's what giormani did.....no doubt he swallowed another Bud.....sat back bored at watching his good lady in yet another menage a trois.......and decided....I know...I'll go and show my ignorance on the board again.....which I drew his attention to....!

As for you...I wasn't speaking to you.....we've not been introduced.....but I'll forego the formalities....!

So what was it that YOU were saying that was constructive or of general interest........help me out here.....hit me over the head with a wet fish and call me Nancy......but I am sure I saw a mediocrity post something mediocre.....and of course...I...being the patron Saint of Mediocrities....feel inclined to step in and assist you.....!

Now you've caused me to take this very serious thread and turn it into something else.......so let's take it just one step further...do you want me to show you me being a reallly RUDE boy......if not then the best advice I cah give you has to do with sex and travel.....!

Oh...and at the risk of sounding redundant....... in your repost......please at least have something substantive to say or at least add to the proceedings......or topic at hand.. !

Edge,

respecting your request and concerns and since i voted "other" i do this post.

Take it as a bump because i really don't feel to suggest anything here.

The purpose of this board is/was exactly that: protecting and informing the members.

:bye

Personally, I would make a second sub section under "Dealers" eg. good dealers <-> bad dealers and also mention why they have been placed in this subsection (but at least remove the links to their sites, and have them follow the TTK posting format). I would leave it up to the individual member if they want to trade with them, and get what they deserve et that time.

If you would ban them they will eventually show up again under different names, as a new dealer, and it will be much harder to control these so called new dealers than what you have right now.

Better to live with the known dealers, than have to be wondering each time "should this new dealer be one of the 4 that was banned before"

Just my 2 cents

No I meant that we should not allow it to getto the stage where we have BAD dealers, we could have a dealer section in which we can discuss the merits of each individual complaint etc. Known as the "Dealer Scam" section however if we truly get to the stage where we continue to have BAD dealers and openly admit it with 2 sub-sections splitting dealers then I will be an ex-member.

Seeing as we have gone too far at that point.

No I meant that we should not allow it to getto the stage where we have BAD dealers, we could have a dealer section in which we can discuss the merits of each individual complaint etc. Known as the "Dealer Scam" section however if we truly get to the stage where we continue to have BAD dealers and openly admit it with 2 sub-sections splitting dealers then I will be an ex-member.

Seeing as we have gone too far at that point.

I understand your point of view, and it's a valid point you have made, enough is enough. As for myself I will no longer trade with them. This way hurting them most, in their wallet. But I understood from your previous post (Ex dealer) is a dealer that is no longer there so removed (temp. or permanent from the forum). What would prevent them for entering the forum again as a new dealer XYZ and restarting the same activities. On the other hand you will always have people who will speak in their favor and don't understand the maesures that are taken against them, since you'll always have people that will be satisified by their services. On the point of - Bad dealer or dealer/scammer (whatever you want to call it - you will leave it to every member to take whatever action they think is justified against them, or to spend their money with them. But as always I will accept every consensus from the forum.

Please also make sure that I indeed you take harsch measurmement against them that RWI and TRC will follow the same actions, otherwise all this is in vain and these people will continue their activities somewhere else.

Just my 2 cents.

I've had a sub section that deals with any possibility of bad behaviour.....since last year......it's called the TTK support section where anyone who has a problem can go and air their complaint....it ensures complete transparency.....and is better than e-mail or PM.....a complaint is aired publicly and I respond publicly to the poster......!

Yes you are right what is to stop a dealer returning under a new name, nothing but the will have to rebuild his business from the ground up, create a customer base and learn to post again, That is hard work, new dealers are dealt with suspician and an early f%%k up could result in an early sending off.

Yes you are right what is to stop a dealer returning under a new name, nothing but the will have to rebuild his business from the ground up, create a customer base and learn to post again, That is hard work, new dealers are dealt with suspician and an early f%%k up could result in an early sending off. If they do try to return the will have to sort the problems, if the reoccor ban the dealer what ever name he uses.

managed to double post this one with the edit some how sorry

I don't think that anyone here realizes that option #2 will have no affect on the dealers business since they don't post in their sections anyway. It will also not stop members from reccomenditn these dealers. Ironically enough it is pretty bad marketing to neglect posting new watches on the board.

I voted OTHER...

Option #2 with a small change..

I say NO to their Ban (without a warning period) but YES to stop immidiately the link to their websites...

If they want to list watches here they can do it the old way and with TTK's listing format

This is an excellent suggestion.

I know this may rather easy to say than done but in addition to the current The Zigmeister's review (which is wonderful), I suggest we set up a "Special Technical Inspection Board " which only focus on Movement. Such review section is closely held by high honor, experience members who have extensive knowledge about watch movement. We randomly inspect the movement in the watch from time to time and post the result on the board to make sure it is what it is. Once a faulty movement has discover by the STIB member they will give the dealer a short period of time to explain the problem and come up some solution as well as compensation to the buyer. At the same time they will also post a Warning on the forum front page to alert the members to stop buying such Model until everything is clear.

:lol:...Yeah....and who's gonna take the brickbats when this goes Pete Tong.....?

Interestingly........he thinks there no harm in viewing....but he's definitely gonna ride out the storm without comment..... B)

post-288-1175226232_thumb.jpg

Edited by TTK