When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rating's for dealers

chrisbailey86

Hi All,

I have been reading through all the threads regarding the scammer dealers on this site. Is there a way we can implement a rating system, similar to that on eBay, but perhaps on our profile page?

I think this will help people decide who to use, as well as show who is serious about the hobby.

I look forward to your thoughts people. :g:

Christopher

IMO a dealer rating system is not necessary. Scammers should not be allowed to participate here, period. The honest dealers all have their individual merits, and what may be good for one customer, may not be good for another. Thus, any ratings would be purely subjective, based on the reviewers circumstances.

Agreed,

However, I feel that a system like this will prevent any complaints being lost in the forums. Dealers will make sure that their service is up to par every time they post an item. Second to this, it will wipe out all scammers full stop, and introduce competition to the dealers.

Dealers will make sure that their service is up to par every time they post an item.

This is an example of the exact problem - it ought to be a great idea, but in reality folk have their own perception of what is or isn't important in a dealer. Some crave service, some just want a watch. At the end of the day, it's got to be right for the buyer.

I do remember someone put a lot of work into an Excel spreadsheet to 'score' dealers - but ultimately it comes down the individual's assessment.

:)

This would have been a great thing to implement prior to all of these occurences, as mentioned in the three threads we have had over the past few months. It has now got to a point where something needs to be done, preventative measures will be useless, the harm has already been caused.

When we get back to a point where we were before these scandalous acts (if we do) , then it would be worth considering to employ such a system.

This is an example of the exact problem - it ought to be a great idea, but in reality folk have their own perception of what is or isn't important in a dealer. Some crave service, some just want a watch. At the end of the day, it's got to be right for the buyer.

I do remember someone put a lot of work into an Excel spreadsheet to 'score' dealers - but ultimately it comes down the individual's assessment.

:)

There you are.

post-106-1175116051_thumb.jpg

I will also agree that a rating system with pre-agreed factors and rating ranges will be nice ..... though I understand that is difficult to implement and maintain