When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep PAM on Timezone?

BigSlickAK

It's always that damned recessed canon pinion. They are so close otherwise... it's just maddening to see it. That is all that is wrong with the 000 and the 005, since the back is SS. Even as close as the 111h gets, with the trouble that they have taken to get the bridges and swan neck right, it's still the short pinion. :blowup:

(yeah, yeah, the lume...don't even go there)

Edited by shimside11

100% GEN.

Yes, H & I series 000 / 005 dials haven't been repped yet and this one has the gen crown and CG. The rep 000 has the correct shape logo, unlike the rep 005, but both have the incorrect 'A' in PANERAI / MARINA and the rep 000 has an incorrect 'R', with a straight front leg, which is totally maddening. Overall I consider the rep 000 to be a much better rep than the 005 as it doesn't have the same pinion problem, due to no running seconds and the hour & minute hands being mounted closer to the dial.

I have a rep 000 fitted with the correct caseback rather than the 5218/201A caseback and a brushed Jimmy Fu CG - I think that it's one sweet watch with a genuine Swiss Unitas / ETA that hasn't been altered since it left the ETA factory.

100% GEN.

Yes, H & I series 000 / 005 dials haven't been repped yet and this one has the gen crown and CG. The rep 000 has the correct shape logo, unlike the rep 005, but both have the incorrect 'A' in PANERAI / MARINA and the rep 000 has an incorrect 'R', with a straight front leg, which is totally maddening. Overall I consider the rep 000 to be a much better rep than the 005 as it doesn't have the same pinion problem, due to no running seconds and the hour & minute hands being mounted closer to the dial.

I have a rep 000 fitted with the correct caseback rather than the 5218/201A caseback and a brushed Jimmy Fu CG - I think that it's one sweet watch with a genuine Swiss Unitas / ETA that hasn't been altered since it left the ETA factory.

Mate, we seem to talk the same language here...:)

I've got the 'original' old-style Base Logo (polished C/G, 201/a caseback) rep as well...and I'm very happy with it, despite all the flaws...yes, that letter 'R' is really stupid mistake...after over 3 years of getting it right, rep dial makers decided to change the font, LOL! Of course, letter 'A' will never be fixed, I'm sure this is one of those 'intentional flaws' :)

I basically had two choices to choose between:

1) Old-style Base logo rep with correct Swiss ETA OPII mov't and all the flaws aforementioned, for $200

or

2) Updated 2006 "pseudo H-series" logo with mismatched G-series dial and H-series logo caseback and correct Swiss ETA OPXI mov't, and correct brushed C/G for close to $300

Since both of them have wrong bits, I decided to cut my cost down and get the old-style one, swapped the polished CG with the brushed one on my 001 (that made them both look 'right)...and got the correct G-series caseback as a spare part from one of our dealers.

One thing is for sure, the Logo on 005 is wrong as you said, 000 rep got it right, almost 1:1 to gen. The 000 also has a different dial finish, it's more grainy when you look at the watch at a certain angle, this is again closer to gen than 111H/177H rep dial for example.

Gee...I can go on and on all night about this stuff...better cut it short now...good night :)

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola