When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750

panerai

Hi The Zigmeister,

I remember reading your article/photos about the 7750 back at the old place and noticed that there was a plastic clutch type of thing (excuse my lack of technical knowledge) that kept the sub dials from running unless the chrono is activated.

Anyway the hour subdial keeps running on my 196 (May '05) even though the chrono isn't activated. Is there anything I can do to fix it.

Thanks.

I guess you could glue the hand to the dial face as someone suggested, although I don't recommned this...unless you have done this type of work before, it can end in disaster... and there is the risk of the glue getting somewhere it shouldn't and causing problems...

If it's running all the time, then the plastic break lever is not working. To get at this lever requires disassembly of some of the movement.

If your willing to live without the 12 hour subdial, then freezing the hand is an option, but doing it will require some careful work so as to not damage or mark the dial face. If you have a loupe and the tools, then give it a go. Otherwise, the only option is to disassemble the movement and see what the problem is, and if it can be fixed...

RG