When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steelfish: Crown/ thread issues?

shultz

Hi there,

I am still impressed by the qualitiy of my new SF which has arrived yesterday. It is the dearer ETA version not the CN one. Despite all fantastic workmanship it is a bit difficult to screw the crown in and I am concerned to ruin the thread by screwing it in with a little more power... As I can see the thread is clearly longer than on my BCE. The BCE crown needs just 1/2 turn. What'S about your SFs? Any problems with the crown, too?

My crown screws in nicely but takes some pressure on the fingers..Ive actually found it to be easuier to put the watch on it's side and using my nails lightly from the thumb on one hand and the pointer finger on the other..Might be hard to visualize but it makes it more of a balanced job. And it does require a few turns to get it in(crown) it might be due to extra o-rings for water tightness,,but i'm no expert on that.

My steelfish crown was really hard to screw down at first. I was actually worried about stripping the threads. I shipped it off to The Zigmeister for a relume and it returned smooth as butter. Don't know what The Zigmeister did and I didn't mention it to him. He must of adjusted something when we put it back together after teh relume.

-- m

i'd be curious to hear any other people's experiences / thoughts re: crown & thread issues on the steelfish (it is probably going to be my next rep)...

@shultz, how about some black on gen black rubber pics of your new steelfish??!?!

not black on black gen rubber... but close... (the gen rubber came off my gen B1) - I too have problems with the crown... it's a [censored].... the watch though is great... nice to have one rep where you

@shultz, how about some black on gen black rubber pics of your new steelfish??!?!

Patience, young grashopper :D Now seriously: I just ordered a new digicam. It will take a few days because of Easter. First I'll do is to take some nice SF pics when my new toys is arriving :thumbsupsmileyanim: