When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do any of our dealers' men's Datejust watches accept gen bezels...

itreeman

I ask this because I purchased a ladies date just a while back from Paul and installed a gen diamond bezel on it with no problem at all. I am about to purchase a Men's datejust from perfectclones which I would also like to install a gen diamond bezel. So, I am not sure regarding fit from the various dealers but are the bezels on datejust from our dealers listed here interchangeable with gen bezels? (more specifically interested in perfectclones at the moment)

Thank you in advance!

My guess would be that it wouldn't fit, but I don't know for sure. My experience has been that rep sizes are just slightly larger for the most part than gen. I've tried fitting a gen dial in a rep case- gen dial too small, rep crystal is slightly larger than gen (295C), and so on.

Another option would be building a Franken DJ, I've built two, an ss w/ the wg fluted bezel and a tt w/ the gold bezel and silver dial.

Then you know the diamond bezel will fit. It has cost me around $500 each to put my DJ's together. But I certainly consider a Franken a step above a plain rep.

Plan B would be buy a cheap gen bezel like the engine turned bezel and see if it fits. If it doesn't, you're not out the expense of the diamonds.

Guess I just got lucky with my wife's lady DJ from Paul...the gen bezel fit perfectly (well not a rolex brand bezel but a aftermarket 18k white gold with VS1 diamonds)...it popped right on using the original seal that Paul's watch came with. I am thinking about going with Paul again just because I know at least with the lady dj that they actually fit...though I want to try it with a men's dj this time. I got a response from perfectclones last nightr saying they could not guarantee that a gen bezel would fit (I suspect that paul would have said the same though, just to be safe)....hmm, what to do. has anyone attempted a gen bezel install on a men's dj from any of our dealers?

Here is a shot of the wife's lady dj from paul with gen bezel...

230105-12367.jpg

Lady DJ is a different story - it is very close to the gen. I have a gen DJ and a rep DJ and I assure you the dimensions of the rep are completely different. The dial of the rep will not even clear the caseback hole of the gen, as it is just a hair bit too large. It could probably fit with some shaving, but that tells me the crystal is totally different too. Actually, I have quite a few gen bezels lying here, and I will try popping one onto the rep case and will report back - but I think I already know the answer.

Cool, thanks for the reply and for trying that out. Do you happen to remember which dealer that case was from? I think they may vary from dealer to dealer because I spoke to ruby and she says that you cannot even remove the bezels from her DJ's (they are permanently attached to the case).

Cool, thanks for the reply and for trying that out. Do you happen to remember which dealer that case was from? I think they may vary from dealer to dealer because I spoke to ruby and she says that you cannot even remove the bezels from her DJ's (they are permanently attached to the case).

I got the watch from another member on one of the other boards, I believe he got it from perfect clones (Joshua?). I recall logging into the website and seeing the picture of the watch there.