When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost Pam Prototype

ettienne

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/mess...NERAI+PROTOTYPE

This thing is great. I would love to see better pictures of the metal though.

Nice find, thanks for sharing!

Just, I personally feel the owner a little too enthusiastic (even if comprehensibly) when he claims:

"... an officially certified part of Panerai watch experimentation history, showing several interesting links between the Vintage, Pre V and Vendome watches we see today and ideas never commercially put into production.

It was conceived and produced in the first years of the Vendome Panerai take over, giving it an overlap of both the oldest and most cutting edge Panerai ideas and styles."

"the first years of the Vendome Panerai take over" actually place it after the mid '90s and qualify it 'just' as a prototype on mixed and confused thoughts and things near to come. What any PAM lover would rather need are insights on the most obscure age of the Panerai history, i.e. the 60-80s years.

That said, I would probably give a finger to have it. :lol:

I think that after somebody contacts DSN for this project the "lost PAM prototype" will be found very quickly!

almost forgot to tel..I love the look of this one!...

I am interested in knowing how much did he pay for it?

Edited by dadog13

I can't believe this!

I have a JimmyFu case and a skeleton handwind movement that i was going to get put together.

What's surprising is that this has turned up.

Why?

I was going to get it PVD'd like this as well: the watch case PVD'd (including the display back) except the crown, crown lever and bezel.

The crystal here looks good and I'd like one in sapphire for mine. Just need a good superlumed non-pam labelled dial, and a new palpatine crown.