When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal security

HighDef

I never heard you have to enter SS# into pp, are you sure about that?

Beware any email from "paypal" claiming you have add an address or need to confirm your info....etc. Never click on the "link" in those email and submit your personal info like acct number/ password.

I got those email from time to time and not one of them is real :whistling:

Do you mean that you want to become "verified" so the money will come out of your bank account ??

If so this is the only way you can sell on eBay so I guess it's a must ..

I have been verified for years and so far no problems with it , just another way of doing banking ..

Zed

If I want to do bussiness with ebay using PP as the means of recieving payment

the three below are the steps you need to make to lift your $500 limit withdrawal a month. Meaning If I have $1500 in my PP account, it will take me 3 months to to withdraw the whole ammount. On the other hand, if I have those three verified there will be no limit how much I can withdraw from my PP account.

Steps to Lift Your Withdrawal Limit: $500 a month.

Confirm your Social Security Number

Confirm a bank account

Complete your enrollment in the Expanded Use Program

Not too sure what card providers and services there are in America, but here in the UK, we have credit cards, and bank debit cards (I'm assuming you have those too) Normally, online sources will not accept a bank debit card where a credit card is required. When I opened an account with a new bank, I got very lucky. My bank's standard issue debit card, has Visa printed on it. Not sure if Visa underwrite the account, or what, because I don't get a monthly bill, and the card will only allow me to take out as much money is in my account. However. Online, this card gets accepted as a Visa credit card... With Paypal, rather than regisitering and verifying my bank account, I simply added this card, and the results are fantastic. Paypal treats it like a credit card, so it gets accepted, but, it simply takes the money from my account. Saved all that verification nonsense. Has anyone else had similar experiences with their cards?

Paypal treats it like a credit card, so it gets accepted, but, it simply takes the money from my account. Saved all that verification nonsense. Has anyone else had similar experiences with their cards?

I have been using Paypal this way in the UK for two years or more now, using just my Visa debit card. However last month I was forced into verifying a bank account by Paypal, as they suddenly stuck a low transaction limit on the account without warning. All is ok now, but I have had to lodge bank details with them to lift the transaction limit. I phoned them up to ask what was going on, they said it was a security measure that all (UK) users have to go through.

Gee they don't trust you Americans, I only had to verify a bank account. :D

Ken

I am American and was able to validate my account without providing an SSN. I would not do it.