When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Orange on SS

TeeJay

Having performed a strap swap, I now have my orange PO on my own SS bracelet (it came on an SS bracelet, but was already sized too small, so it made sense to put it on my own bracelet) The watch is such a contradiction, it is crazy. The SS bracelet says 'smart and serious', the orange bezel insert says 'casual and fun'. As I mentioned in other threads, from pictures I had seen, I did not originally like the orange PO. I still would not say that it is 'my style', but it's growing on me. I remember reading someone saying they felt the 'Pepsi GMT II' was a good watch to put on after work (presumeably as a relaxing casual watch) and having the orange PO on SS, I can actually now understand what they meant. To me, the orange PO's not a watch meant for Corporate Life, but wearing while out with friends or relaxing at home. It's a sharp design, and eye-catching without being too Over The Top (under those casual circumstances) Even though I'll likely still swap the bezel insert for black, I can definitely see it's appeal.

So what do others feel about the orange PO? An equal twin to the classic black bezel, or is it a poor cousin? Any opinions either way would be interesting :)

I have 42.5mm orange bezel PO. Very nice and not too sub-like with this bezel :) I have a spare black bezel bought from an auction site that apparently is a 1:1 exact copy, but like the orange bezel too much.

Have the uPO 45.5mm with black bezel and orange numerals which goes well with the black rubber strap and orange stitching. Or the normal PO 22mm rubber strap :thumbsupsmileyanim: