When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my SMP - at long last...

Fireman_Fred

I have amassed quite a collection of Seamaster's including 42mm and 45mm POs, 007 Special edition SMPs and the ubiquitous SMP Chrono. I have only just got round to ordering a standard SMP and chose Jay & Angel as the dealer. It is by far the worst of all the Omega reps I own - the hands are too short, the waves on the dial are virtually non-existant and the markings on the clasp are skewed at a angle !! This was supposed to be the jewel in my collection; what a let down after everything I had read about the SMP being one of the best reps out there ! :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear that, that's a real shame. Have you taken any photos of it? Are you planning on ordering parts to correct the defects?

I will post some pics as soon as I can. I'm that disappointed with it, I was tempted to sell it straight on. It really needs a new dial, new hands and a new clasp - I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle and the expense, especially as I've just had to have repairs done to my 007 (2006 Special Edition) and my Orange UPO (which stopped after 3 weeks !) :wounded1:

I will post some pics as soon as I can. I'm that disappointed with it, I was tempted to sell it straight on. It really needs a new dial, new hands and a new clasp - I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle and the expense, especially as I've just had to have repairs done to my 007 (2006 Special Edition) and my Orange UPO (which stopped after 3 weeks !) :wounded1:

Damn, that really is a shame. Any possibility of returning it to the dealer, or having replacement parts shipped to you?

Damn, that really is a shame. Any possibility of returning it to the dealer, or having replacement parts shipped to you?

Thanks for your support TeeJay, :victory: I have decided to contact Jay & Angel and see if they are prepared to do anything for me.

Thanks for your support TeeJay, :victory: I have decided to contact Jay & Angel and see if they are prepared to do anything for me.

No problem. I find it's always best to discuss the issues and see what options are offered. If I'd've gone on my initial instinct to return the incorrect watch I first received instead of my fiance's J12, and insisted on a refund, then I'd've missed out on getting a discounted rate for my project watch. Have a word and see what they can do for you :)

hi Fireman fred

IS that the SMP from watch silix with asian movement or the ETA version from silix prime.??

I am just right now thinking of getting one, and the one I saw on their watch silix site wasnt too crash hot.

they have a silix prime site which is suppose to be better quality.??

So please let me know, as I am about to get one soon.

hi Fireman fred

IS that the SMP from watch silix with asian movement or the ETA version from silix prime.??

I am just right now thinking of getting one, and the one I saw on their watch silix site wasnt too crash hot.

they have a silix prime site which is suppose to be better quality.??

So please let me know, as I am about to get one soon.

Hi david-aussie

I ordered my SMP form Silix-prime and it has the ETA 2824 m'ment. If I was going to order another SMP, I would probably try another dealer !

No luck, Fred. The decline in quality of the SMP rep is well documented. Seems to be a case of it being a victim of its own popularity, so the makers don't feel they have to try. I doubt that the people making it now are the same ones who built the ST-18 and first 2824 versions.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck..

I bought my SMP from Silix two years ago, and got the good version. Although by today standards it is not "Ultimate PO" quality. Non-existing wave-pattern and slightly poor finish on the crown. Nonetheless it is still one of my favourites, and the watch that sparked my interest.

You can always try Ruby. She has the good version in her gallery, and you will get emailed pictures of the actual watch before she ships it to you.

• 3 weeks later...
that make me love my 2 year old SMP rep :p

Sorry for the problem. The mistake on dial is fixed. The new SMP is as listed on our site.