When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

modding my Ultimate PO

fleed

the PO's are becoming my favorites reps and i'm still collecting more of them...so i decided to mod one of the cheaper asian models which is my daily beater.

i greased the Oring, fixed the heliumvalve with locktite (to prevent the possible loos of the crown) and also regulated the movement (this asian movements are keeping good time results).

since the stock lume is decent i decided to relume the dial and hands with a custom lume (which mixed it my self by adding different pigments).i know, the lume colour is not the same as the original one, but since i decided to relume the whole indexes to get bigger lume markers it would be in any way not "acurate" compared to the original one, but i dont care about it.

finally i reasembled the watch and pressure tested it to 6atm.

i'm happy with the results...i really like this watch.

ps: sorry for my bad english.

234023-11576.jpg

234023-11577.jpg

234023-11578.jpg

234023-11579.jpg

234023-11580.jpg

234023-11581.jpg

234023-11582.jpg

Love the brightness to the lume.

Not to be a critic, it appears that the lume went over the metal surrounds of the markers. Not sure if it looks difference once dried though.

Nice setup. Great job.

How do you scrape the old lume off before you apply the new?

When you apply it do you do it one thin layer at a time alloying it to dry in between?

Usil

Edited by Usil

Love the brightness to the lume.

Not to be a critic, it appears that the lume went over the metal surrounds of the markers. Not sure if it looks difference once dried though.

you are right...this watch irelumed the whole indexes, because i wanted big luminous indexes (its my daily beater and i like bright watches).

my other PO's are more acurate relumed.

here you can see some pictures from an acurate and more decent lumejob i did, you can see the surrrounds are not lumed...this is for sure the better lumejob (note, the bezel pearl is not yet relumed on that watch).

234119-11540.jpg

234119-11541.jpg

234119-11542.jpg

234119-11543.jpg

Nice setup. Great job.

How do you scrape the old lume off before you apply the new?

When you apply it do you do it one thin layer at a time alloying it to dry in between?

Usil

i carefull remove the old lume with a sharp and small sscrewdriver (very small).

two coats uf lume are enough (first coat drys 45min befor i aply the second one).