When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GEN with Solid Ceramic Case+Ti w/ Swiss movement: Arctos GPW K1.

solicitor

This is just one reason why I'm becoming disenchanted with Reps lately:

ARCTOS GPW K1

The Specs:

Arctos K112 26 jewel Swiss auto movement (Sellita SW200, 2824 based clone)

Solid Ceramic case, available in white or black

Titanium crown and caseback

44mm excluding crown

15.5mm height

Extra thick sapphire crystal (to 3.5mm)

Lug width: 24mm

Water-resistant DIN 8310

Re:

AR: This is a new watch, so there's not a lot of info. available yet. However, all of Arctos' other watch crystals have anti-reflective coating.

GENS vs. REPS: I'm not familiar with other GENS with a SOLID ceramic CASE. If there are others, I'd doubt they're at this price point. Anyway, the point I was making is that the stated reason for the high price of the new Hublot Ceramic REP was the cost of the ceramic bezel, which is hard to understand considering the price of this watch (with a swiss movement)...

AVAILABILITY: I'd check their WEBSITE for availability.

Interesting,,,this is a really good example of something I was a bit slow to catch onto. The last 7 watches I picked up were all gens,,,,and guess what? Not a single one ended up on my watch table. All had great lum,,WR to at least 150, keeping great time and each was between 100-400 (usd). Your example is a bit more, but certainly worth the money considering what you are getting.

Update: I ordered it! Black ceramic case, carbon fibre dial, with rubber AND leather strap. Just 25.00USD shipping!

I have no idea when it will arrive. I'll post a review when received if anyone is interested....

Cool lookin' watches. Don't forget pix with review.

• 1 month later...

I'm told it will be sent the week of June 7th... BTW, my credit card won't be charged until it is shipped.

I think you can buy a Aninomo, which these seem to pay homage to, for not much more than $1700 but at that promotional price you got a nice deal on a nice watch. Wear it well!