When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying a rep with a gen 7753 movement

azerbyjam

I've been talking to one of the dealers about a Mont Blanc Timewalker Chronograph with a genuine Swiss 7753 movement.

My question is, do the genuine installed movements have any of the same issues as the A7750? Pix very kindly informed me of an article The Zigmeister wrote regarding the issues of changing the date on the gen installed 7753s, but so far I've been unable to find it. Can anyone fill me in on this?

Any help appreciated!

Hi,

it was hard to find amongst all these excellent reviews, but here it is.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Information-to-g...-101-t1403.html

Hope this helps.

ETA 7753 (7750 etc)

Excellent movement, doesn't need a thing but a good home. Fast beat at 28,800.

Caution, never ever set the date between 7pm and 2am, if you do, you will damage the keyless works.

I've been talking to one of the dealers about a Mont Blanc Timewalker Chronograph with a genuine Swiss 7753 movement.

My question is, do the genuine installed movements have any of the same issues as the A7750? Pix very kindly informed me of an article Ziggy wrote regarding the issues of changing the date on the gen installed 7753s, but so far I've been unable to find it. Can anyone fill me in on this?

Any help appreciated!

Pix found the link.

The only "issues" with the Asian 7750's seems to be a lack of proper servicing and adjustments, once clean, oiled and adjusted, they work fine...

RG

The Zigmeister, would this mean that a serviced Asian 7750 won't be worse than a Swiss 7753 ?

I mean, considering only "technique".

As the price difference is simply huge...

Also, as both movements have a similar date issue, can this be fixed AFTER the accident ?

Thanks for your feedback.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ziggy, would this mean that a serviced Asian 7750 won't be worse than a Swiss 7753 ?

I mean, considering only "technique".

As the price difference is simply huge...

Also, as both movements have a similar date issue, can this be fixed AFTER the accident ?

Thanks for your feedback.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are some movements I refuse to service, because I dont' think they are reliable, even once clean and oiled. I continue to service the Asian 7750, because it keeps working good after service...

The Asian 7750, both the old and the new ones, suffer from the same problem, poor oiling and adjustments from the factory. Once cleaned and adjusted and oiled, they work great. I have only had one Asian 7750 returned after servicing, and I fixed it and sent it back.

The date issue can be fixed on both the Asian and ETA if you damage it by changing the date at the wrong time.

So yes, a Asian 7750 is just as good as a Swiss 7750 after service, if it was not, then they would not keep running. Quality of the parts, ETA is 10, Asian is 8. Does the Asian work as well as the ETA - YES.

RG

I have had dealers (including 1 that is a watchmaker himself) tell me the same thing about the Asian 7750s that Ziggy said. Unless you just want a Swiss movement in your watch, there is no reason to replace the Asian movement. After proper servicing, the Asian movement usually runs just like the Swiss movement.