When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom destro project

vaccum

And why he used this beautiful cg in this watch (which is completely unaccurate for H-I series cg) ???

Is he an active RWG member?

Did you noticed that this is a "custom project" I did what I was told to do :whistling:

The results are awesome and the owner like it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't think he is a member here.

vaccum

Great work!

...even if what we have here is a full-of-resources someone using a full-of-talent-and-skill master to get to an unaccurate watch.

Well, if he likes it, that's all that matters.

But on this occasion I just discovered that genuine AR coating is complete s**t. Nothing but a blue cover with plenty of reflections.

I just made it up with the 'light AR coating'. :lol:

Great work!

...even if what we have here is a full-of-resources someone using a full-of-talent-and-skill master to get to an unaccurate watch.

Well, if he likes it, that's all that matters.

But on this occasion I just discovered that genuine AR coating is complete s**t. Nothing but a blue cover with plenty of reflections.

I just made it up with the 'light AR coating'. :lol:

Thanks for your words...please note that I said "Gen sapphire" not gen AR....

Great work as usual vaccum.

Wonderful pictures as well, keep them coming.

RG

Thanks! :victory:

Feel the power of the BASE brothers... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All I can say - excellent work, although the final product is a complete mixed bag of gen and rep spare parts from different PAM Series, the final product just blows me away. Simple understated dial, uncomplicated raw movement, lume appearance and quality on par with the gen, sapphire glass etc...simply beautiful !

This is what Panerai watch should be all about, tool utalitarian watch in its roots...rattrapante, turbuillon, XX-days complications, gold plating and other watchamajigs should be left to other brands, IMO :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming mate !

babola

Edited by babola

Feel the power of the BASE brothers... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All I can say - excellent work, although the final product is a complete mixed bag of gen and rep spare parts from different PAM Series, the final product just blows me away. Simple understated dial, uncomplicated raw movement, lume appearance and quality on par with the gen, sapphire glass etc...simply beautiful !

This is what Panerai watch should be all about, tool utalitarian watch in its roots...rattrapante, turbuillon, XX-days complications, gold plating and other watchamajigs should be left to other brands, IMO :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming mate !

babola

You hit the nail :rolleyes: that was the objective of this project....just built a reliable great looking time piece :thumbsupsmileyanim:

vaccum

Maybe a silly question, but what is the difference between a regular crown guard and a destro version? I have allways thought it was the same just put upside down?

That was true on old models, where the CG lever was placed exactly midway between the upper and downer (?? argh, my English!) surfaces of the crown guard.

But if you look at a more recent crown guard you will see that the lever is now a little shifted to the upper side.

So, should you simply turn the crown guard upside down, the lever would not stay centered on the crown anymore.

Wow! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Beautiful work Vaccum

and I am definitely envious of the owner, and totally understand the Sinestro mind that would be happy with this Destro beauty accurate or not, Gen, rep, franken mix and all! Like another poster stated a great example of the understated, utilitarian, udeniably awesome tool watch!

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

235677-11319.jpg

UPDATE New pics !

New Gen sapphire AR crystal

235677-11320.jpg

235677-11321.jpg

Gen destro Crown Guard!!!

235677-11322.jpg

Custom lume mix :D

235677-11323.jpg

Lume shot